What the "beep"

spookoverload

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just getting into my new F770 front & rear cam & I'm just wondering what the beeps are. I appear to have a high tone double beep, & also a lower tone double beep.

These from what I can suss, dont appear to be under any circumstance, i.e. not crossing a white line, or whilst following a car at a set distance, as in not accelerating or dropping back from them. Before you say, yes I have RTFM lol I have tried turning the collision warning off, to try to figure out what these are, but still get the same.

I read in the manual about the auto-calibration for the LDWS & FCWS, not sure if one set of the double beeps was this, but it definately didnt happen after 1 minute. Does the callibration happen everytime you are on a straight road for over a minute at above 30mph as the manual suggests. Bit difficult in our rural area, we dont really have mile after mile of straight roads lol

Also, the speed cam warning voice is a lower volume than the start up, does anyone else notice this? I also have a lot of missing cameras in the database, albeit all mobile as we dont have any fixed ones in North Yorks, UK

Cheers guys

Hi Guys,

Just getting into my new F770 front & rear cam & I'm just wondering what the beeps are. I appear to have a high tone double beep, & also a lower tone double beep.

These from what I can suss, dont appear to be under any circumstance, i.e. not crossing a white line, or whilst following a car at a set distance, as in not accelerating or dropping back from them. Before you say, yes I have RTFM lol I have tried turning the collision warning off, to try to figure out what these are, but still get the same.

I read in the manual about the auto-calibration for the LDWS & FCWS, not sure if one set of the double beeps was this, but it definately didnt happen after 1 minute. Does the callibration happen everytime you are on a straight road for over a minute at above 30mph as the manual suggests. Bit difficult in our rural area, we dont really have mile after mile of straight roads lol

Also, the speed cam warning voice is a lower volume than the start up, does anyone else notice this? I also have a lot of missing cameras in the database, albeit all mobile as we dont have any fixed ones in North Yorks, UK

Cheers guys

you cant change the initial audit start up, the beeps do sound like the lane warning and collision detection alarms, I would suggest you reflash the latest firmware, .03 then before using it make the changes to the settings, ie, disable all that warning pish, then try again

aren't the beeps for event recordings? (in this case caused by bumps in the road)

you can switch all sounds off, except for the "report" at startup (IF vsl was in parkmode.
the voice will then state how many motion detection & how many events

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T F770 7