What to buy...

jackcb

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

I've been looking around quite a lot at dash cams recently.

I am looking to spend between 100-150 and I would like:

- 1080p
- Good night time quality
- GPS
- Date and time stamp
- Speed stamp

That's a lot to ask for the price - but I have found a few things.

First was this:

http://www.dashcamsonline.com.au/produc ... ar-dco991/

It was attractive because the picture quality looks alright to me and it has GPS functions.

However, the night time quality could be better and so I started considering the GT300W/LS300W. I am aware that this doesn't have GPS functionality however. It would be great if I could buy a version of this camera with the GPS.

What do you think? Is GPS that important in the end? I really just want it for covering my ass in case of an accident / reporting serious traffic or criminal offences.

Does anyone know if the GT300W has auto on/off (or any camera for a reasonable price which does)? Also wondering about how the 'loop' functions work .. does this mean deleting content after a certain amount of space on the SD card is filled up?

Thanks.

Also.. Would you recommend buying from Aliexpress or Foxoffer? They both claim to sell the same product (GT300W) although Foxoffer seems to be out of stock:

The one that dashcamsonline sell is GS2000 with GPS. There are many different similar model on the market.

Thanks. I also wanted to know if the GT300W has overheating issues as with the LS300W.

Should I buy the LS400W to prevent this?

Would this double sided tape mount work for both LS300W and LS400W?

Thanks.

I don't know that the LS300W has overheating problems, I have one here and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary

Original gt300w is the same as Dod ls300w. Have ls300w for 4-5 month and did not experienced any overheating issues.

jackcb said:
Thanks. I also wanted to know if the GT300W has overheating issues as with the LS300W.

Should I buy the LS400W to prevent this?

Would this double sided tape mount work for both LS300W and LS400W?

Thanks.

No overheating problem for GT300W, one customer use this at high temperature environment, he told me it works well.
About the 3M adhesive mount, we test this and It works.

Back