What type of connector do we need to connect our a229 with the HK4 kit ?

bilan

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello,

On a Mercedes with a fuse box like that:

So what type I need ? (ATS, ATC, mini, micro ). I'm almost sure it's ATC but I prefer to be confirmed.
(Sorry if it has already been asked.)

Also, the guy connected to the number 70 on my Fuse box diagram, the "Rear center console socket" with 25 amp.
Is it the correct choice ?

Thank you

Last edited:
If you pull one out, you can check it against the diagrams on wikipedia:

Also, the guy connected to the number 70 on my Fuse box diagram, the "Rear center console socket" with 25 amp.
Is it the correct choice ?
Sounds a reasonable choice for the ACC connection, you will also want a permanent connection, the HK4 has GND, PWR & ACC.

Unless your rear centre console socket is permanently powered, which seems unlikely, it probably turns off some time after you lock the car.

Thanks.
I came across this video
Again from @rcg530 . Very educational.
I should have googled a bit longer before I post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The fusebox picture is unfortunately out of focus.

However, on the left looks like various plug sockets. What are they for ?

Some manufacturers provide these sockets for dealers to attach accessories and often the socket pins perform exactly as you need for a dashcam ....... become active with either IGN position 1 or 2, do not lose power when the starter is cranked and, if applicable, stay powered throughout stop/start.

Honda provide such a socket but the plug is often tricky to obtain. However, you can use a suitably sized shielded crimp connector, often 2mm, and this avoids using a fuse piggyback that can overload a circuit to a point where the CANBUS shuts it down. Rare, but possible.

Hello,
The fusebox picture was a screenshot from the yt video. A bit clumsy, I removed it.
Anyway, I've found this picture:
Capture d’écran 2022-07-17 à 13.41.20.png

So I went to check in our car, and our fuses are ATC indeed. I can order everything now.

Back