What would you get?

Martlet

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you had a Jeep Wrangler, and a $400 budget, what would you get and why? You don't have to spend all the money.

If you had a Jeep Wrangler, and a $400 budget, what would you get and why? You don't have to spend all the money.
Can you give a little more information?
Do you want a screen?
Do you want GPS?
Do you want to put it in a weird place for going off road?

If you want a regular camera I would have a few suggestions.

If you want something well built that will blend into your Jeep and look like a factory sensor. look at the Street Guardian SG9665GC

If you want a great small camera that will hide behind your mirror well look at the Mini 0806

If you want to place the camera in the grill or bumper of your Jeep to get some cool off road footage look at the Innovv C3

If you want a slightly bigger well built camera with a good screen look at the Vicovation series or to step down in size a little, but still have a great well backed camera look at the Street Guardian SGZC12SG

If you want to put a camera in the front and the back look at the Vico Marcus 5 or the Panorama X2

I'm currently torn between whether I want a screen, or WIFI and iPhone app. I've never used a dash cam, so I'm unsure which is better.
I'd like GPS, but I'm not sure why.
I'd like to mount it to the roll bar above the rear view mirror, I think. It's in a wiper zone and out of the way.

I don't care about great off roading footage, and I don't think I'd put a camera in back. There don't seem to be many great mounting options anyway, if I'm going to be swapping off tops with the seasons.

I'm currently torn between whether I want a screen, or WIFI and iPhone app.
I am more of a screen person myself. I only know of two cameras that offer WiFi. The VicoVation WF1 and a few cameras from BlackVue, but I always hear negative things about BlackVue cameras so I stay away ( Low bitrate without custom firmware being one of the biggest)

I looked at the WF1, but it looks like you can't shut off that silly blinking light on the button. That would drive me nuts.

I looked at the WF1, but it looks like you can't shut off that silly blinking light on the button. That would drive me nuts.
The most new firmware you can make it very dim.

The most new firmware you can make it very dim.

Thanks! I think I'll take a look at the SG9665GC if it's available soon.

Interesting to learn that with all the cameras out there, the less expensive ones are among the top choices.

Back