What's the best way to watch videos/post to YouTube?

eaglemav

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just got the dashcam. Please advise on how you view and get videos off the cam.
I tried the Iphone app but it didn't work. Has the iPhone app worked for you? I can connect to the cam fine but when I tried saving a video to my phone it just stopped at 100% but never saved it. Also it created thousands of Viofo folders, all empty in my photo albums which is extremely annoying.
Has anyone had this happen to them? 4A52DC69-A523-4FEE-88FE-D6F86B06FC16.png

Not familiar with this brand / model - camera or phone, but the SG APP is pretty simple to move a file to my android phone.

It ( wifi ) are pretty slow so only useful for grabbing a single file, i assume the reason you have those blank files in your phone is you have tried to DL all of your video and then abandoned ( i am guessing here )
Normally i do like i have done the past many years, put the memory card in my computer and grab the files i need for my youtube upload or send to police.
I really dont like to hold my phone ( avid phone hater with a phone ) so pretty glad i don't touch that more than 5 minutes daily.

O in regard to posting a video on youtube you of course need to have a account there, but other than that i don't know how you would do it a phone is it is not something i have ever tried or wanted to try.

It often seem like owners of that brand of phone / computer have to jump some hoops to get things to work, the latest IOS update have created havoc with many a wifi dashcam lately, but as far as i have picked up on that have mainly been connecting the 2 parts.

Like @kamkar1 said, take the memory card out of the camera and use your computer. Much faster and you probably have better tools to work with.

Also, you need to know that the files going to your phone will be saved at much lower resolution, and its only practical for a quick on-the-go review solution where a computer is not available at a given time and.
Any necessary editing would best using a computer as well as uploading to YouTube.

Correction to my previous statement. I just ran a test and I was wrong about the files being uploaded at a lower resolution. They upload at a full resolution it seems...

Back