When Git3?

bulateam89

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Is it worth to wait for git 3? I was thinking about buying Git2P with 90 lens but it doesn't have waterproof lens, I don't know if I want to wait any longer for git 3 I may but yi 4k or this git2 with 170 lens... Any info guys?

Is it worth to wait for git 3? I was thinking about buying Git2P with 90 lens but it doesn't have waterproof lens, I don't know if I want to wait any longer for git 3 I may but yi 4k or this git2 with 170 lens... Any info guys?
The Git2P 90 and Git3 standard will share a waterproof case once the Git3 is available, not sure about a Git3 90 though - that one might not fit.

The Git3 is looking a lot more ready than it was and is definitely an improvement on the Git2, but there still isn't a release date for it.

I think I see they said next week for production. Could be a while before hardware and firmware are properly qc'd though... everyone is waiting :)

I think I see they said next week for production. Could be a while before hardware and firmware are properly qc'd though... everyone is waiting :)
Does SJCAM have a competitor for the Git3, or plans for one?

The SJ6 is very similar to the Git2, the SJ7 is a 4K camera, you seem to be missing an SJ6.5!

Me too.
Can't wait to get an action camera for my bicycle, the hike, the water sport and just the normal day.
I guess DCT got my crazy on these camera.
Could be nice for August 21 in South Carolina. :mooning: eclipse.
My only limit gonna be Federal Aviation Administration 15 miles no drone zone around me.:grumpy: Don't wanna mess with them.

There are the SJ6 Air but that to my knowledge are much like the git 2 with the Panasonic sensor.
I think the SJcams laboratories are buzzing, but there are no new things i know off.
A few days ago there was a short bleep in here about a new SJ camera, but it seem to have been removed probably on request of SJcams.

Federal Aviation Administration

FAA are not know for their humor and flexibility. :p

SJ6 air is a cost down version compared to SJ6 dual screen version.
I am sure they are working SJ8 now. Maybe even support 4K 60fps like Yi 4K +.

Looking forward to see what SJ too come up with in respect to what the major brands have released lately, always interesting to see what "my" segment come up with.
It have been rare in my life i go for the most expensive solution, i tend to settle for the best value for money option and by doing that get almost as good performance as the expensive options.

new gitup products also become more and more interesting as time pass by, you guys really must be nursing this one for a perfect product launch. :cool:

I hope there are at the last check point.
inspection.jpg
Ssshhhh Don't disturb.

Does SJCAM have a competitor for the Git3, or plans for one?

The SJ6 is very similar to the Git2, the SJ7 is a 4K camera, you seem to be missing an SJ6.5!
#SJ6.5 .... Classic! Not sure we'll be doing a dual camera dashcam anytime soon. But, who knows :)

SJ6 air is a cost down version compared to SJ6 dual screen version.
I am sure they are working SJ8 now. Maybe even support 4K 60fps like Yi 4K +.
The Yi 4K+ is still GoPro price, presumably the SJ8 will only be a little less, too much for many people, and you still can't use the gyro stabiliser at 4K 60fps so most people will still be using 1080 60fps for action video.

The Git3 will be a lot cheaper and will do 1080 60fps with simultaneous gyro stabilisation and zoom, and I expect better image quality for 1080 resolution - I don't think the SJ8 will be a competitor for the Git3.

The SJ7 is closer on price, but doesn't even have gyro stabilisation at 4K 30fps, so again the 4K is not useful for many people, maybe it is the competitor for the Git3 but in the SJ7 the money has been spent on the 4K, given a 1080 comparison it is going to struggle, especially if you want to use both gyro and zoom which I don't think it can do...

The SJ6 just doesn't give the same image quality, and again I don't think 1080 60fps, gyro and zoom simultaneously is possible.

The G3 seems to be the best of the 1080 60fps action cameras and has no real competition!
And it can also support a slave camera and GPS if you want it to.

The Yi 4K+ support Stabilization for 4K 30fps, the chipset they use even can support 4K 120fps.
Ambarella released H2 cost down version, like A12 compared to A9, I thought there will be more 4K 60FPS action cams in 2018.

Indeed.
Though i would personally prefer a 1080p 240 FPS camera over 4K something, but that would probably change the instance i could afford to build a new computer so working with 4K footage would be faster.

As it is now working with 4K on my quad core I7 computer just take up so many resources i pretty much have to leave my computer alone, and if i then process a longer film then i have to be without a computer for many hours.

I will not kill the time on my Phone or tablet as i find those small screens ridiculous for just about any task, and what is on my 26 cable TV channels are most of the time just a waste, and reminding me and making me angry that i am actually forced to pay for this cable TV i have where i would prefer to cancel that and put my TV in its cardboard box and put it in a corner to collect dust.

And i am desperately trying to find money to build a new computer, not least since AMD seem to have something interesting to offer and it have been a while since my last AMD computer.
I have even considered to reuse my current old GTX 570 grafix card in a new computer to cut cost, and i can get away with that as i dont really game anymore.
O and maybe i should get a 4K screen too otherwise there are little reason to record in 4K i think, but if that's the computer monitor then i for sure need a new grafix card.
And i really want to update computer monitor as i am on a 22" CRT screen, but a 1080 or 1440P monitor are probably all i can hope for.

And i dont think i will ever be able to afford a camera like the YI 4K+ and others, i have far to many other things to spend money on too, and aside for my meager pension then i as a bachelor are not subsidized in any way.

The Yi 4K+ support Stabilization for 4K 30fps, the chipset they use even can support 4K 120fps.
Ambarella released H2 cost down version, like A12 compared to A9, I thought there will be more 4K 60FPS action cams in 2018.
When I use 30fps I normally don't need stabilisation, like when using it as a dashcam or when mounted on a drone with a gimbal.
If I need stabilisation then normally I also want 60fps, like when on my bicycle or walking.

So with the Yi 4K+, it is OK as a dashcam and a drone cam, but the Yi 4K and Gitup F1 are also OK. But it is not good on my bicycle or walking where I want stabilisation + 60fps, for that I also need to have a gimbal like the GoPro Karma Grip which doubles the price of the already expensive action camera!

I think most people will stick with 1080 until the 4K cameras can manage 60fps + gyro stabilisation.

Except of course for the cheap action cameras, around $60, where everyone will buy 4K cameras :D

I would love a gimbal too, i have more faith in them than i have in EIS.
But it is nice EIS is there i would not be without it as it do smooth out things a lot.

I will see if i can remember to get my friends SJ chest and head straps, he dont use them anyway so they might as well be "stored" here at my house.
Not that i think i will be using them much either i dont go any interesting worth sharing places.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Git3 0
P Git3 2
D Git3 2
S Git3 1
A Git3 7
Back