Where can the "Fireware Version" be found?

Quagmire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W
I'm new to this forum and just a "Shout Out" to all that post & reply. I've done a lot of reading and learned much that I knew very little of!

My question is: I just purchased another G1W for my second vehicle. My first on I got from Spytecinc and works very well. The second G1W I got it recently from Cityin168.

My G1W, got from Cityin168 I'm unable to determine which "Firmware Version" is in this camera. Unlike others I own and have seen this camera has "NO" option in the menu under "tools" or otherwise to access this info!

I'm open on ideas on how to extract this info if any members have a clue!

if the basic menu settings aren't the same it might be the cheaper knockoff version with the 96620 chipset, how do the recordings look in comparison to your @spytec version?

Sad to say, the only recording I've done was @ night with this new camera and it was raining. Today is "severe clear" and I will place both side by side for comparison.

not just the image quality but you can also check the file properties and see how they compare

Thanxx for your lightning fast response. I waiting on the mail to run, I got two Samsung 32gb Class 6 cards being delivered today. Will do some test and post my results!

Fast forward to 1:50

Four Eyes, Thanxxx for the video.

I own two G1W's. Physically (appearance wise) they appear to be the same camera but I feel that is where it stops. Two cameras' with two different firmware loaded into each. My first camera has firmware GT300_0005 purchased from Spytecinc it appears to work very well. My second camera, well I don't know what firmware is in it. Whatever the firmware is there is "NO" option in the menu (unlike your video) to access the Version. I purchased this camera from Cityin168.

Today I shot video w/both cameras and discovered the differences between the two. Jokiin suggested comparing the properties of both, this is what I found:

Camera One...................... Camera Two

Video:

1920............................... 1920.......... Frame Width
1080............................... 1080........... Frame Height
14746 kbps..................... 12436 kbps.......... Data Rate
15258 kbps..................... 12441 kbps........ Total Bitrate
30................................... 25........ Frames/Sec

Audio:

The audio for both cameras' are equal

Video Type:

MOV............................. AVI

Well you can clearly see that camera one is superior to camera two. I noticed when shooting video, camera one preformed very well (day & night) while
camera two preformed poorly, it shuddered, slow on the uptake, picture quality low and the sound very bad.

Conclusion: Camera two that I purchased from Cityin168 appears to be a Knock Off with sub-standard components and some "No Name"
firmware!

Last edited:
Video Type:

MOV............................. AVI

Conclusion: Camera two that I purchased from Cityin168 appears to be a Knock Off with sub-standard components and some "No Name"
firmware!

The real G1W records in MOV. Also if Spytec gets their G1Ws from the same supplier all the time and they are all the 15mb version that might be something slightly worth noting. Most, but not all I have seen mine included are only 12mb bit rate

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C G1WX 12
Byr0n G1WX 7
Back