Where To Buy

Old-Dog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, Dash Cam Store is out of stock on the A139 Pro 2ch model. Any idea where I can buy from a reputable USA vendor?

I don't think any US sellers have it yet. Once it shows up on Amazon (US), then I think you'll start seeing it on other seller sites. For now, direct from Viofo is the best bet.

Is it OK dealing with VIOFO direct without a U.S. Rep. in case of issues, Pro's/Con's?

If there is an issue, you may need to send the camera to China for repair or replacement. They are active on this forum, so I think you'll get plenty of support otherwise.

Here's a datapoint - I ordered my A139 Pro from the Viofo website on Feb 26. It was shipped from CN to California and I received it yesterday (Mar 11). Not too bad. They give you a nice tracking link to watch the progress overseas and then to USPS for final delivery.

I just ordered mine from Viofo's website.
There were just enough discounts I found to justify buying before US retailers started selling it, with likely a lower price than what Viofo is selling it for.
If you search Google, there's a $20 off coupon I used that will stack on top of the website's bundling discount for accessories.

Appreciate the responses, ordered two from the Dash Cam Store and was very happy with the pricing. Just have to wait for them to arrive.

Appreciate the responses, ordered two from the Dash Cam Store and was very happy with the pricing. Just have to wait for them to arrive.

I see that it says it's up for pre-order, did they give you an estimated date?

Blackboxmycar has them on sale now (https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/).
I wish I waited to purchase through them instead of VIOFO, since it looks like it's way easier to return a defective item through Blackboxmycar.
I debated waiting until BBMC started selling it, but had some good discounts from Viofo so jumped on it. I definitely agree that the return & warranty terms are not ideal when purchasing direct thru Viofo. They’ll refund up to $20 in shipping back to China for only a certain time period during the warranty. I’ve never shipped anything to China for personal use, but I can’t imagine it’s only $20.

I figure if it breaks, I’ll just buy a new one & sell the faulty unit after it arrives back from repair 2 months later

Not to scare anyone here, but my A139PRO arrived today and the rear camera has a loose port issue. If the wire is nudged gently, it'll disconnect from the main camera.
If i had ordered from BBMC, I would definitely have returned it for a new one.

Since I ordered directly from VIOFO, I'm more inclined to just to live with it and ziptie the wires to make sure there's no movement. Live and learn I guess.

Wouldn’t hurt to contact Viofo to see if they’ll work with you on getting this resolved, as well as to let them know of a “zero mile” quality defect they should be on the lookout for.

“Zero Mile” defects (ie brand new out of the box defects) are the worst quality defects & should be a primary focus for any manufacturer / brand who’s trying to compete in the market. These defects have a massive negative impact towards consumer perception of the brand as a whole, & has a lasting effect of causing the purchaser who suffered the defect to forever question quality / value of their purchase

Wouldn’t hurt to contact Viofo to see if they’ll work with you on getting this resolved, as well as to let them know of a “zero mile” quality defect they should be on the lookout for.
Good point. Never shipped a product back to China for a RMA before, so it makes me worry lol. I'll contact them and see what they say.

Maybe they’ll throw you a bone & not make you jump thru the lame terms & conditions hoops, considering the circumstances. Over the past decade, legitimate Chinese brands who’re wanting to expand into western markets have been getting a bit better at understanding / appeasing western paradigms of what good customer service is.

It’d be stupid & wasteful to have to return a faulty camera that costs less to produce than the round trip shipping charges.

Back