Which cam/setup for always recording while driving + manual recording when car is off?

chillman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, thanks for the forum. This is my first post. I'm going on a long road trip in a couple months and I'd like to have my dashcam set up nicely before I go, but I need some guidance. Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

• Have the cam always recording when I'm driving
  • Have the cam able to record with the press of a button if the ignition is off
  • Be discreetly mounted with as little visible wiring as possible
  • Have the cam easily removable from the car
  • Have the cam function well in very hot weather
That's what I'm looking for, and I've been leaning toward the Mobius. Can anyone offer some help as to what kind of setup would meet the needs above? Thanks.

Thanks you for the reply. Forgive my ignorance because working with electrical stuff is a little foreign to me. Could I hardwire the camera to an ignition fuse for when the ignition is on, and then have the camera use the power bank when the ignition is off? Is there a power bank you recommend? I am in the USA.

If you're in the car, and the cam is hard wired, you'd just need to turn the key on, maybe to the ACC position. There would be a second or so delay.
This seems like the easiest solution, no second power supply or wiring needed.
I'm not sure a mobius would start recording any faster using a separate power bank in this situation?

Mine is set to start recording whenever there is power. Just checked, there is maybe a 2-3 second delay before it starts recording. (I never use the buttons on the mobius)

Back