Which dashcam has the best video quality?

I thought you wanted the best video quality though? (Title of the post)

I did, but the amount of available dashcams in Denmark is incredibly small. They're really not very popular here yet and most retailers only sell Blackvue's or NextBase cameras. I'd only buy something as expensive as this in a physical shop because in Denmark, we have a 1 year policy where if the item breaks, the dealer must either refund your money or replace your item with a new one at no cost. If it breaks, I can just drive back and get a new camera within a few hours instead of having to wait for weeks while I send a camera to places like China where there's no gaurantee of it ever being fixed.

Nonetheless, the Blackvue seems to fill my needs and even though the video quality isn't quite as good as my previous NextBase 402G, the BlackVue seems more reliable, has a lot more features, has a rear view camera as well and in the new firmware update, the bitrate will be increased from 6.2 mpbs to 8 (or 8.5 mpbs, will be interesting!). The bitrate increase will hopefully help the pixelation of the camera a bit, but I found that aiming the camera down so that I have around half bonnet / half sky fixes a lot of pixelation.

Thanks for all the responses in this thread, though!

Back