Which DC-IN

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622 4k + rwc, 522, 322, 612 4K and 312 x2
Which DC-IN port is best to power the Dashcam off, the one on the GPS receiver or the one on top of the Dashcam unit itself?
Only just discovered today it will only go in to mass storage mode (to view files) on PC when it is plugged into the one on the unit itself. Which is what made me think of this question...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey Rick,

So the port on top the Dash Cam itself is a data port, meant for connecting the Dash Cam to a computer using a Mini USB cable, for data retrieval.

For every day powering of the Dash Cam in the car, I'd recommend using the port on the GPS mount itself as this is purely designed for powering.

If you'd like to use the Camera whilst powering it via a computer, you can select 'Power On' on the menu list, which will turn the Dash Cam on for regular use (though obviously without GPS data). To access the files on a computer, select 'Access Files', and to update the Firmware, select 'Firmware Update'.

I hope this helps :)

Millie- Nextbase

Thanks for the reply I usually run the power cable into the GPS receiver when in the car I find it looks cleaner with the wires. But having used Nextbase for nearly 4 years now I only discovered last week you have to use the port on the device to view files on the laptop as I've always normally removed the SD Card and done it that way lol. But starting viewing off the cable now to save the SD Card port being over used keep taking it in and out. :)

Back