Which one to choose?

Pierce007

Reaction score
Country
Norway
I thought I had the one I wanted - Blackvue DX 970X 2CH. Then I came across Thinkware U3000-2CH, but made up my mind it simply was to expensive. Then somone mentioned Viofo A229 Duo. But after some Google search I found that maybe not the right choice.
Back to square one - however maybe just pick the DX970X-2CH after all. Though I read there will som upgraded versions beginning of 2024 - not sure what, except Starvis 2.

I have spent time watching YouTube videos and read different reviews - and now I want yours before making my mind.

Why pick one above the other? Any other to choose?
Is cloud important when choosing a camera? Understand Viofo dont have cloud?
How important is it to be able to live stream what happens around your car? An accident is recorded anyway, right?
How essential is it to be able to read the license plare at any time? Understand this vary from camera to camera, lights and such?
Is Starvis 2 that much better than Starvis 1?
What about night vision 2 vs 4?

I would like a camera that can connect to a external router. If being able to live streaming is essentials and such?
I would like the parkering option (i'm using an electrical car if that has any issue)

Understand Thinkware cloud option is free, however Blakcvue is better but has different plans - though the free one would suit most people. Some also says Blackvue is overpriced?

Looking forward to some good input and help in choosing one.

Welcome to the club.
If cloud is your priority get a BlackVue.
If parking mode is your priority get a Thinkware.
If image quality is your priority get a Viofo.
”Night Vision” is a meaningless marketing term.
STARVIS 2 is better than STARVIS 1, (but STARVIS 2 without HDR is almost useless at night).
STARVIS 2 with HDR is a must have for image quality.
-Chuck

These are the “best” videos of the A229 Pro so far.

Back