Which sd card to get

Hello. I have got a mini dash camera with some problem. There is 32Gb sd memocard installed.
Camera takes 5 minutes footages on it (385Mb each). However there is enough space the media player can read only 29 files.
The rest is "unknown media file" for media players. It makes MOV files. There is no any option in camera settings to
change size files or something...I have formatted all my class 10 SD cards.
If you have any advice I appreciate that.

Regards,
Laszlo

Only way to get smaller files with the same 5 minute file size is to lower the bitrate, but that will impact image qualety in some degree.
You can allso change fron the 1080 i assume you use now to 720p resolution, but thats not recomended either.
If you just want more files you can change to 3 minute file size.
The remaining files on your SD card might be GPS data files, or just video files thats corrupted and if so then media players cant play it.

If it is broken files you have taking up space, then registrator viewer might be able to fix them for playback, all you have is to tell the software where a simmilar working file is ( recorded on same camera with same parameters )

The Mobius only records in 5 minute chunks?

No it have quite a fjew segment sizes you can choose.
3-5-10-15 minutes and then somthing called max, myself i use 3 minute segnent size.

Is there any lag in between recordings or playing back files? Is there software to interlace the files after recording is completed?

Some apps have a slight pause between clips.
If you use a viewer app (like registratorviewer) the files are automatically linked together and play seamlessly.

O i cant remember how it is with the mobius, for the most i only deal with a little of a clip it made.
But registrator viewer is exelent to remove any overlap between file segments on those cameras that have that, for instance my SG9665GC, with it i have to add the 1000 ms overlap, and then registrator viewer remove that by itself on all clips.
Allso think you can add camera profiles if you have more than 1 camera that have some form of overlap, registrator viewer will save the number you have put in.
Registrator viewer will allso gropu up all your files on the SD card in the camera, so lets say you have been driving 3 X 1 hour since your installed the card, RV will see that by the time/date stamp of the files and then group those up in 3 large files.

So if your camera have a overlap and you have entered a number of ms for that, you just click on one of the groups select save and RV then make all the smaller files in that group into 1 file and remove any overlap there might be between the files, no further interaction needed.

Offcourse if you dont like that it can allso just display all the single files on a card.

Sadly the author of registrator viewer was killed last year, but it do work just fine with the old mobius cameras, and a lot of other cameras too, but there will be no updates to the program unless some one pick up the good work of Vadim and carry it on.

Last edited:
Back