Which type is the sensor of DOD LS300W

myliyifei

Reaction score
Country
China
Hi, I am from China. I search the forum about dash cam. I'd like to disscus those cam with you.

Now I am researching the DOD LS300W, its nigth vision is seem better than generic NT96650 solution cam(from TAOBAO.COM).

Recently we all knew the A8 chip of DOD that is remarked from NT96650.

But I can't find any clear photo about sensors. In some articles,it maybe ar0330,or ov2710.

so who confirm the type of sensor for LS300W?

AR0330 is what they use, they're using a better lens in this than the generic versions which is why they perform a bit better

jokiin said:
AR0330 is what they use, they're using a better lens in this than the generic versions which is why they perform a bit better

Are you manufacturer from Shen,Zhen? Is it really F1.6 aperture len? How to comfirm the len type.

myliyifei said:
jokiin said:

Are you manufacturer from Shen,Zhen? Is it really F1.6 aperture len? How to comfirm the len type.

yes, I'm in Gangxia, Futian district

the results would seem to support it being a f/1.6 lens, which lens they use I'm not sure, they don't like telling anyone what they actually use

jokiin said:
myliyifei said:
jokiin said:

yes, I'm in Gangxia, Futian district

the results would seem to support it being a f/1.6 lens, which lens they use I'm not sure, they don't like telling anyone what they actually use

here http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z ... 9629645576

can you see this one be same quality as DOD LS300W?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would give similar results, day would be fine just the night results are likely to be a bit behind, much cheaper so probably what should be expected

I have tested many dash cams using nt96650 + ar0330 + same Novatek firmware, but the end video recording result was all about how good lens were used, and it does not matter if its F1.6. Cheaper F1.6 lens performed with less night video rec quality. So if "they" write on specs like 6G F1.6, its not always a rule that you get quality product if buying look-a-like cheaper products with same on the paper specifications. Its always test and try with dash cams from un-known manufacturers. Best is to stick to branded popular dash cams despite they can be 10-20% higher in price.

niko said:
I have tested many dash cams using nt96650 + ar0330 + same Novatek firmware, but the end video recording result was all about how good lens were used, and it does not matter if its F1.6. Cheaper F1.6 lens performed with less night video rec quality. So if "they" write on specs like 6G F1.6, its not always a rule that you get quality product if buying look-a-like cheaper products with same on the paper specifications. Its always test and try with dash cams from un-known manufacturers. Best is to stick to branded popular dash cams despite they can be 10-20% higher in price.

Which dash cam has the best low-light performance now?

myliyifei said:
niko said:

Which dash cam has the best low-light performance now?

Depending on the budget, but this is a different topic not related to this thread.

Hi!
I'm new here and this is my first posting.
Now I'm wondering if it is correct that the CMOS sensor only is a 3Mpixel sensor? I would think 3Mpixel isn't enough to give full HD quality...
In a Canadian youtube clip it is said it's a 12Mpixel sensor, which to me seems more likely to be able to produce full HD quality...

Can anyone clarify this?

Hi!
I'm new here and this is my first posting.
Now I'm wondering if it is correct that the CMOS sensor only is a 3Mpixel sensor? I would think 3Mpixel isn't enough to give full HD quality...
In a Canadian youtube clip it is said it's a 12Mpixel sensor, which to me seems more likely to be able to produce full HD quality...

Can anyone clarify this?

Dod ls300w uses 3Mpix Aptina AR0330 CMOS which is too much for FullHD 1080p.
Perfect for FullHD is 2.1Mpix CMOS because this is exact area that covers all pixels of 1080 x 1920.

Now I am researching the DOD LS300W, its nigth vision is seem better than generic NT96650 solution cam
According to niko's tests, the non-branded NT96650+AR0330 dashcams perform even better than the branded one in low light. see pictures and video samples in comparison.

I've been looking at several shadow dashcams and some seem to have up to 5Mpixel sensors, as to the 3Mpixel sensors on DOD cams...

Could that explain the difference in nightvision video samples? But on the other hand I've read that DOD supposedly have better optics (F 1.6), but dont know if thats true.

I've been looking at several shadow dashcams and some seem to have up to 5Mpixel sensors, as to the 3Mpixel sensors on DOD cams...

Could that explain the difference in nightvision video samples? But on the other hand I've read that DOD supposedly have better optics (F 1.6), but dont know if thats true.

"Super-Mega-Giga pixels" written on the box nothing to do with night vision. In many cases its interpolated. In other cases thats does not play any good roke role having bigger than 2.1Mpix CMOS.

Not always even large lens aperture guarantee good night vision. There are much more to this. Even this year Dod series has good night recording and specs F1.6, still there are dash cams out there with F2.0 ( even F2.8 ) that can outperform Dod F1.6 at night.

Read my tests below and you will understand ;)

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/lens-aperture-f1-6-vs-f2-8-mobius-vs-ls300w-vs-panorama2.2586/

Last edited:
Back