Which USB cord?

iamdrumming

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I did lots of reading (especially in the FAQ section, and the manual) and didn't see this stated at all. Which USB cord does this cam take? A micro USB or a mini USB? It would be good to update the FAQ with the right cord needed.

That's the official seller, odd to not have a cable included but maybe that's the way they do things

Cable is only needed for firmware updates really I guess so maybe they don't see the importance

I appreciate the prompt response :)

I found my answer. It uses a micro USB cable. Perhaps this can be updated in the FAQ.

Cable is only needed for firmware updates really I guess so maybe they don't see the importance
The DCT product page says to not use the USB cable for updating firmware
http://dashcamtalk.com/powerucc-panoramaii/

From memory the only use of the USB cable is to "mount" the camera in your computer to read off the memory card and view your files.

Cameras make poor card readers at the best of times, better to take the card out

I do recall there is some sort of process involved with updating this camera, @niko bricked one previously I think

I did lots of reading (especially in the FAQ section, and the manual) and didn't see this stated at all. Which USB cord does this cam take? A micro USB or a mini USB? It would be good to update the FAQ with the right cord needed.
The camera takes a Micro USB cable (same plug as most android based phones). I use my phone charger to view the video for demo but I just take out the SD card to view properly.
You can use Micro USB to record video (maybe not recommended), I've recorded video when testing at my desk, I always use the supplied cigarette plug cable in the car.
Firmware update is done by copying the file to SD card and is quite easy (never update while connected to Micro USB, always use 12v plug). Check "http://dashcamtalk.com/powerucc-panoramaii/" down the bottom for the guide, niko made a great video howto see below:

I was also wondering which cable I need to hook this dash cam up to my TV (HDMI port).

Yes, my DVR-207 used a standard mini USB to HDMI cable, however the Panorama II has a micro USB port. I have read a bit on what it needs, and looks like it might need what's called an MHL adapter. I would like to hear from those who have their Panorama II hooked up to their TV's what cable they are using.

Isn't the AV Out socket a 2.5mm one? You can get an AV-out to RCA cable, but I don't know how you'd go about hooking it up through HDMI.

Isn't the AV Out socket a 2.5mm one? You can get an AV-out to RCA cable, but I don't know how you'd go about hooking it up through HDMI.

HDMI is digital, the AV out will be analogue and SD resolution only

As the camera has no HDMI output I can't see it happening, not aware of any sort of USB to HDMI capability

As stated above, my cheap DVR-207 had a mini-USB port, which I used a mini-USB to HDMI cable to watch the footage on my TV. Just want to know which cable/adapter to get.

even if there is a Micro USB to HDMI cable available it would still need the functionality in the firmware to support that, @Sungmoon Jang is probably the only one that would know if this is supported

I can't say I've seen Mini USB to HDMI working on any of these cameras, DVR-207 has a Mini HDMI port also, next to the USB port, as far as I'm aware it's more of a mobile phone, tablet type product, would be very surprised to see something as basic as a DVR-207 supporting this

It's too bad the Panorama II doesn't have an HDMI port like the DVR-207. Bad design flaw. The DVR-207 has one, and is about 1/3 the price of the Panorama II.

It's too bad the Panorama II doesn't have an HDMI port like the DVR-207. Bad design flaw. The DVR-207 has one, and is about 1/3 the price of the Panorama II.

I don't see it as a design flaw, using it for playback to a TV is not really practical, it has no battery so then you start to think about power supplies etc

You can't be all things to all people

Back