Which Video Player, flip image.

JohnA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius
Can anyone help with the best choice video player which will allow me to flip the image 180 degrees using the player software. I know it can be done in camera, which I have done, however when I move the camera from car to bike I dont really want to keep changing the settings in the camera. In car the camera is mounted "upside down" however on my bikes it is mounted "right side up"

Set Video Mode I to normal orientation, & Mode II to inverted. Or vice versa, according to your preference.

You can switch between Modes I & II via the (M) button.

Set Video Mode I to normal orientation, & Mode II to inverted. Or vice versa, according to your preference.

You can switch between Modes I & II via the (M) button.
Yeah, I can see how that can work. However, that does mean remembering to select Mode 2 each time I move the camera to my bikes, also requires re-setting Mode 2 every time the ignition is switched off/on when the auto operation will go to default (Mode 1). I thought it would be easier just to flip the video during play with the software when/if I wanted to view the footage.

Registrator Viewer has options to flip the image horizontally and vertically - both together give 180 degree rotation, it will also let you save a selected piece of video as displayed rather than as original without any quality loss as it does it without re-encoding. At least I think it does, it's a while since I tried...

I thought it would be easier just to flip the video during play with the software when/if I wanted to view the footage.

You can do this, however, if my memory serves me from previous experience of trying it in VLC, the date / time stamp will be inverted in the top right hand corner of the frame, which looks pretty crappy.

Registrator Viewer has options to flip the image horizontally and vertically - both together give 180 degree rotation, it will also let you save a selected piece of video as displayed rather than as original without any quality loss as it does it without re-encoding. At least I think it does, it's a while since I tried...
Well that certainly works, thanks for that, I have dowloaded the Registrator Viewer and see it is quite a flexible piece of software with a lot of features.

You can do this, however, if my memory serves me from previous experience of trying it in VLC, the date / time stamp will be inverted in the top right hand corner of the frame, which looks pretty crappy.
Yeah, I think all players will invert the date/time when flipping, I dont think it is really a problem for me though, thanks.

Back