Who got the latest GS6000 with Ambarella A7 ?

leon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello friends

Two months ago I bought a GS6000 Ambarella A5S30 in Chinese Aliexpress
My brother also need one

And today I saw the new GS6000 Ambarella A7 in the seller's online store :
The A7 shall be more powerful than A5S30
But I'm not sure whether it is better than GS6000 A5S30 in actual using

So I hope you can give me some ideas about GS6000 A7.
If no one tried it,maybe I wiil be the first to eat crab.

Thanks.

I got some disassembly pictures about GS6000 A7, glad to share with you all.

What do you think about the mainboard and components,is it up to the standard?

Well,I think I haven't the heart to break my GS6000 A5S30 to compare with A7 ;)

A7_05_zpsd4297fb2.jpg

A7_06_zps9798b3ff.jpg

A7_07_zps33cec6b1.jpg

A7_08_zps154df446.jpg

A7_09_zpsfabf0055.jpg

Might help if there was a photo of the Ambarella chip so we can see what it is..

This guy (bot?) just copies and pastes the same info/pictures repeatedly. Hopefully someone will post something useful about the A7 (+/-LA) cams.

Note that leon and jonray come from the same US IP address. I have banned leon and will monitor jonray's posts.

The e-prance spamming is very amateur which is poor form considering people here have bought from them without issue and by all accounts they're OK to deal with

They'd be using a US VPN like I have to most of the time, although this one is OK a lot of forums are blocked from China, along with YouTube, Facebook, blogs etc

Hello friends

Two months ago I bought a GS6000 Ambarella A5S30 in Chinese Aliexpress
My brother also need one

And today I saw the new GS6000 Ambarella A7 in the seller's online store : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 92222.html

The A7 shall be more powerful than A5S30
But I'm not sure whether it is better than GS6000 A5S30 in actual using

So I hope you can give me some ideas about GS6000 A7.
If no one tried it,maybe I wiil be the first to eat crab.

Thanks.

I have been using the E-Prance GS6000 A7 for a couple of weeks. I like it so far.
The video and audio quality are very good and I like the formats that are compatible with both PC and Mac.
I had a problem with missing 5-minute clips but I contacted E-Prance customer support and they were very responsive and helpful.
(Their english is not very good. I think they might be using a translator. But they were able to give me the solution)
I had the G-Sensor turned on and set to a minimum sensitivity of 1. That setting is too low and will intermittently not start recording.
It needs to be set higher. Actually, in my case I turned it off because I don't need it. I have the power wired into a circuit that turns on when you start the car.
I think the only reason you need the G-sensor is if you are plugging into a cigarrete lighter where the power stays on all of the time.
In that case you need the G-Sensor to detect when the car starts moving to start recording.
The suction cup mount works well. Others have complained about similar versions of this camera that you can't mount it high enough on the windshield but I do not have that problem.
It hides behind my mirror nicely.

I am buying a second one for my truck.

I have one. Couple things:

- 64Gb card is fine.
- Has lane departure warning, but ZERO documentation about it. Will give it a shot, but without hooking into my turn signal to know when I am *intentionally* departing my lane, I expect this to be a "cry wolf" thing.
- Plugging the camera into a tv screen using the HDMI socket resulted in the screen flickering in a frightening way and no image on the TV. Gave up on it.
- My prior camera (gs1000 orange) was hooked up with the A/V cable plugged into the monitor in my dash and would show me a (low res) output of what the screen shows. The camera is tucked up behind the mirror where I cannot see it and it's reassuring to see the output confirming the camera is running OK. A prior GS1000 would randomly stop recording so that makes me nervous. Withthe A/V cable plugged in the camera WILL NOT GO INTO RECORD. You cannot force it into record mode. If you put it in record mode first, then plug int he A/V then you get no picture. This is a huge flaw for me.
- I like how you can turn and tilt the camera in the mount. The old GS1000 is now in the back window looking outwards but this is a problem because I either mount it in the middle of the back window and obscure my view, or I put it in the top corner. The fact that the GS1000 does not allow you to tilt side to side means that to make the camera face directly backwards on the curved glass I have to have it tilting to 20deg. I am going to fab up my own mount for this.
- If you rut he highest resolution then you get a wider image, not a more detailed one. I had the GS1000 and GS6000 side by side on my windshield for a while and I compared the images of a license plate on the car in front of me at a red light. In both cases the license plate was effectively the same # pixels wide, but the field of view to the sides of the overall image was MUCH better.
- The manual in my box was in russian and chinese, not english. Thankfully I'm well experienced in dashcam stuff so I could figure most of it out.

Overall I like the camera, but the lack of any functioning live feed to the external ports (hdmi or a/v) is a significant problem for me. Enough to make me want to put my gs1000 back.

you can buy a mount to suit off Aliexpress from around $5 which pivots

I'll take a look. I also have a handful of old dashcam mounts lying around here that I can modify.

Back