Why a rear cabin camera is needed!

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
The long-awaited Vantrue Nexus 5 is finally released!

DSC08681.jpg

Planning started in July 2022, Nexus 5 has gone through 9 months, and finally mass-produced in April 2023.
截屏2023-04-17 09.33.13.png

Nexus 5 was originally designed for Uber SUV, because the Uber SUV has a large trunk space, and passengers on long-distance travel generally have suitcases or large luggage. When the Uber SUV driver and passengers arrive at the hotel or the airport, the passenger’s luggage can be clearly recorded quantity and take away process, easy to find if luggage is lost.
N5-banner-uber.jpg

The laws of some countries and regions require that if a child under the age of 3 sit in the car, not only requiring that the car must be equipped with a safety seat, but also that the baby safety seat must be installed opposite to the driver's seat, which causes the driver to be unaware of the baby's situation while driving.
If the baby is already asleep, the driver should keep quiet, and the baby's situation can be seen in real time through the Vantrue N5 Rear Cabin Camera.
N5banner-baby.jpg

It is our responsibility to protect the safety of minors.
School bus must be equipped with dashcam. Vantrue N5 dual cabin cameras can record the situation in the school in real time. Only one dashcam solves the 360-degree monitoring inside and outside the bus.
School Bus Dashcam
vantrue NEXUS5.jpg
NEXUS 5 VANTRUE.jpg

Ben is the owner of a restaurant chain in California. Every morning, he arranges for cars to deliver fresh ingredients to 18 chain restaurants. Because there are so many kinds of vegetables, there are often mistakes in the delivery of goods, and it is difficult for the driver to recall what went wrong. Vantrue N5 solves this problem, and the Rear Cabin Camera can clearly record the whole process.

Attachments

• vantrue NEXUS5.jpg
    vantrue NEXUS5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 4
The long-awaited Vantrue Nexus 5 is finally released!

View attachment 64857

Planning started in July 2022, Nexus 5 has gone through 9 months, and finally mass-produced in April 2023.
View attachment 64850

Nexus 5 was originally designed for Uber SUV, because the Uber SUV has a large trunk space, and passengers on long-distance travel generally have suitcases or large luggage. When the Uber SUV driver and passengers arrive at the hotel or the airport, the passenger’s luggage can be clearly recorded quantity and take away process, easy to find if luggage is lost.
View attachment 64851

The laws of some countries and regions require that if a child under the age of 3 sit in the car, not only requiring that the car must be equipped with a safety seat, but also that the baby safety seat must be installed opposite to the driver's seat, which causes the driver to be unaware of the baby's situation while driving.
If the baby is already asleep, the driver should keep quiet, and the baby's situation can be seen in real time through the Vantrue N5 Rear Cabin Camera.
View attachment 64853

It is our responsibility to protect the safety of minors.
School bus must be equipped with dashcam. Vantrue N5 dual cabin cameras can record the situation in the school in real time. Only one dashcam solves the 360-degree monitoring inside and outside the bus.
School Bus Dashcam
View attachment 64855
View attachment 64856

Ben is the owner of a restaurant chain in California. Every morning, he arranges for cars to deliver fresh ingredients to 18 chain restaurants. Because there are so many kinds of vegetables, there are often mistakes in the delivery of goods, and it is difficult for the driver to recall what went wrong. Vantrue N5 solves this problem, and the Rear Cabin Camera can clearly record the whole process.
This dash cam would be ideal for many social support charities that transport disabled people.

If you could add a human detection option (microwave / radar ) then it would also suit child care centres who transport children but occasionally unfortunately have forgotten the young child is in the bus and they have suffered from heart stroke.

Perhaps something to consider on your
N6 !

Cheers.

Couldent you make do with counting people entering and leaving the bus, i know in CCTV cameras counting people - vehicles ASO are no big deal.

Couldent you make do with counting people entering and leaving the bus, i know in CCTV cameras counting people - vehicles ASO are no big deal.
Apparently not.

And that is just one of many near misses.

Cheers.

With the babies sitting backwards thing, I wonder how easily you can see their eyes on the screen of the dashcam. Personally I use a mirror attached to the headrest of their seat and I can see it in my RVM. It’s a low tech solution and works great. I‘ll definitely test that with the N5, but I’m a little skeptical regarding its usability.

If anything I guess it’s more in case you wanna capture them doing something fun and interesting or just get videos of them to share in general.

The babies / kids thing i can not relate to, though i am fairly sure if i had any children i would be extremely on edge with them, with how they are treated in school ASO and how they treat others.
Fortunately it is extremely rare i think " i wish i had some kids " CUZ that ship have sailed for me a while back, me not respecting people that get children at a,,,,, elevated age.

But looking at my sisters kids, well i am glad, the oldest one ( 33 YO ) that live right next door, my sister cant even get him to look in on here cat 1 day if she is out of the house, so she have to call upon her big brother that live in another town 15 miles away.
And her youngest daughter, well so bad several including her mother talked about getting a restraining order on her, CUZ damn that ( 21 YO ) kid are "black" on the inside.

Mind you black sheep niece, she aint pulling any shenanigans with Uncle, CUZ she know that will not bring her any good.

With the babies sitting backwards thing, I wonder how easily you can see their eyes on the screen of the dashcam. Personally I use a mirror attached to the headrest of their seat and I can see it in my RVM. It’s a low tech solution and works great. I‘ll definitely test that with the N5, but I’m a little skeptical regarding its usability.

If anything I guess it’s more in case you wanna capture them doing something fun and interesting or just get videos of them to share in general.
maybe if you are the type to reverse into parking spaces itd capture sideswipe hit and runs better?

maybe if you are the type to reverse into parking spaces itd capture sideswipe hit and runs better?
Because each car has different trunk and rear seat space, Vantrue is ready to invite car owners of different brands to experience it, so that more drivers can experience the charm of Vantrue Nexus 5.

In today's world, and dashcam market no one should go for anything less than a dual channel system, and for sure not if they also plan to do parking guard.
Also for the people living in American states with just one plate on the car, often in the back, well for oncoming cars your front camera will see nothing.

Also part of why i was exited to see systems with high resolution ( 1440p ) in the rear camera.

I must admit that personally not a avid parking guard user, i still think of the rear camera as a secondary camera, but i am trying to learn and grow, and listen to myself.

Because each car has different trunk and rear seat space, Vantrue is ready to invite car owners of different brands to experience it, so that more drivers can experience the charm of Vantrue Nexus 5.

I have multiple cars I'm happy to test your N5 in.
Toyota Previa, Called a tarago in Australia, skyline station wagon, toyota Aurion, ford Falcon BF XR6 sedan with spoiler.

PM me if that interests you.

Cheers

Last edited:
interesting, cannot wait for mine to arrive so i can install and see how good this setup is and i have several people in my area i can market to once i get used to it and how it all works.

This dash cam would be ideal for many social support charities that transport disabled people.

If you could add a human detection option (microwave / radar ) then it would also suit child care centres who transport children but occasionally unfortunately have forgotten the young child is in the bus and they have suffered from heart stroke.

Perhaps something to consider on your
N6 !

Cheers.
depends what market you want to go for. be a great idea but need several different types of models for several different markets. cost is another thing to look at and is it worth it. an all in one camera with every bell and whistle under the sun will lack in some ways in being top quality here or there and at higher risk of breaking down and not working properly and being buggy as it has to cater for everything making it less than desirable for say someone who wanted only excellent quality images with parking mode and none of the other 40 options available on the bells and whistles model and probably twice the price and lose market share.

depends what market you want to go for. be a great idea but need several different types of models for several different markets. cost is another thing to look at and is it worth it. an all in one camera with every bell and whistle under the sun will lack in some ways in being top quality here or there and at higher risk of breaking down and not working properly and being buggy as it has to cater for everything making it less than desirable for say someone who wanted only excellent quality images with parking mode and none of the other 40 options available on the bells and whistles model and probably twice the price and lose market share.
Most things are built to a functional price point.
I don't think i suggested it have all the bells and whistles.
The common dash cams are a closed in unit they don't have electrical or digital interface to the world. I only know of one with radar and two with LTE.

My suggestion is to consider a more integrated unit so other devices can be connected to expand its capabilities.

Complexities in an electronic item doesn't mean it's going to be unreliable when used within it's designed parameters. But pushing past its limits then expect failure. (Burnouts place a toll on the diff/ bearings/suspension/tyres etc and eventually something let's go)

Only 10 or so years ago when we fought for a parking spot at a shopping centre at Christmas to now have every car park in the entire Shopping complex monitored for free space and signs telling Annett where space is (or isn't) available.
Years ago the cost would have been ridiculous but now it has become the norm.

So dash cams will get more complex with more features and be reliable because of improvements in technology.

If we never strive for better smarter ways of doing things, society suffers. And our dash cams!

Cheers

Back