Why are Dodge Ram Truck Drivers assholes?

Welcome to the forum FortWorthdriver817.

Not familiar with right on red rules as way over here, but i would assume you have to come to a complete stop before turning ?

I had a Mercedes A-hole today, which the driver behind me took care off very nice, so i " flipped " the lady a couple of thumbs ups.
Then seconds later another Mercedes towing a trailer changed lane right in front of me, and clearly not remembering he had a tow on it, fortunately this old guy are not yet that old and slow.

The human endocrine system is complex.

Grotesque how much cancer and air filters he is ruining with that exhaust.

There was no no u-turn sign for what it's (Fort) worth

1717109496037.png

The human endocrine system is complex.

Grotesque how much cancer and air filters he is ruining with that exhaust.

Unfortunately, blowing thick black smoke out of the exhaust of certain diesel trucks is a "thing" here in some states that is popular with certain redneck a-holes. There is even a name for it - "Rolling Coal".

Often it requires modification of a diesel engine but it can be done without modification on some older engines.

It is illegal but that doesn't stop these douchebags. Many of these dudes have it in for bicyclists and Teslas and they target them as a kind of anti-environmental thing.

I prefer the mostly harmless airhorns. I don't think trolling is that fun when it actually harms someone like this coal thing.

Agreed. I meant to say there's better ways of having harmless fun and this isn't it.

This is an example of guys with little brains and weenies trying to compensate.

AI Vomit: Why a Dodge Ram Driver Might Roll Coal on a Cyclist: A Deep Dive with Social and Family Influences​

Rolling coal on a cyclist is a dangerous and inconsiderate act. Let's delve deeper into the motivations behind this behavior, exploring social tensions, family influences, and individual psychology.

Social Tensions:

• Upbringing and Community: Some individuals grow up in social circles where truck ownership and a specific type of truck culture are deeply ingrained. This culture might emphasize dominance, competition on the road, and a disregard for alternative transportation like bicycles. Family traditions of truck ownership can reinforce these ideas.
  • Social Media Echo Chambers: Online communities dedicated to trucks can foster a sense of "us vs. them" between truck drivers and cyclists. These echo chambers can amplify negative stereotypes and encourage aggressive behavior towards cyclists.
  • Economic Anxiety: In some regions, the decline of industries reliant on large trucks can lead to economic anxieties. Rolling coal on a cyclist might be a way of lashing out at what's perceived as a symbol of a changing economy or environmental regulations.
Family Influences:

• Intergenerational Transmission: If a father or other male role model engaged in rolling coal, a young driver might see it as a normal or even desirable behavior to emulate, seeking to prove their toughness or fit in with the family image.
  • Family Tensions: Family conflict or a lack of positive male role models could lead a young man to seek validation and a sense of belonging in a particular truck culture that prioritizes dominance and aggression.
Remember: Not all families that own Dodge Rams or value truck culture condone rolling coal. However, family dynamics and traditions can play a role in shaping an individual's perspective on the road.

Combining Social and Family Influences:

Imagine a young man from a family with a long history of truck ownership. He might be surrounded by messages that equate masculinity with truck ownership and dominance on the road. Social media reinforces these ideas, and he sees other truck drivers rolling coal online. This combination of social and family influences could make him more susceptible to engaging in this type of behavior.

It's important to remember:

• Most Dodge Ram drivers, and most truck drivers in general, don't roll coal.
  • Rolling coal is a dangerous and inconsiderate act by a small subgroup.
  • There are complex social and family factors that can contribute to this behavior, alongside individual psychology.
If you encounter a coal roller, it's best to stay calm, avoid confrontation, and report the incident to the authorities if possible.

Back