Why is there no SD card checking system in the DVR?

Dimson75

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The DVR is designed to record a large stream of video and at high speed.
If the SD card is slow, then it still records. But the video is written in jerks.
Some models have this feature. If the memory card fails, the DVR will notify that the memory card is too slow.
Why doesn't viofo have this feature?

I have never seen what you talk about, and i think at one time i must have had a card that was too slow.
The A229 duo i am currently testing, i have found 3 cards it will not work with, or at least not seamless as it should be.
All 3 of the cards have read / write speeds of 90 / 80 MB/s and as i recall they will fill up, but then they often refuse to start recording on a new drive, but if you pull the power, wait a few seconds and then plug the power in it will record and also for a longer drive session.
And what they record are also just fine.
The not working cards ( all 256 GB ) are:
Adata High endurance.
Samsung evo plus. ( the new white card )
Trancend Ultra performance.

The Adata card when i first got it and it dident work, i tested it and it only had a 30 MB/s write speed, far below spec from the factory, so i formatted it with SDformatter and that did also bring the speed back to what is to be expected, but the card still will not work in any dashcam beside the Vantrue E2, and then it also work just fine in my dji osmo action recording 4K/60 at 100 mbit

All 3 of the " failure" cards above work in the Vantrue E2 system,,,,,,, which i find very weird ,but in A229 and A119 mini they will not work

But i have never seen too slow SD card on the screen, the 2 viofo i have just begin to beep 1 beep a second or so.

Mind you what you say make insanely good sense, a actual error one could relate to would be nice.

You're also comparing full size, more expensive DVR units with HDDs that can write multi-100 MB/sec. So yes with a small amount of buffer memory the DVR can easily "catch up" by writing faster than real time recording speed.

In contrast the dashcams are small, limited memory, and write to removable microSD cards. These microSD cards write 30MB/sec for very fast ones and maybe 90MB/sec for the very fastest ones available. So not very much room for error or catchup.

Back