Dodge DeBoulet

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WickedHD G1W
Hi All,

New here, first post.

I've been gifted a WickedHD G1W, apparently sold by FosCam.US through Amazon. Based on my initial examination, it appears to be a "genuine" G1W, but I've only looked at the video file format as proof so far.

From Registrator Viewer:

Name 10400001
Duration 10:01
Date and Time 3/8/2015 10:40:33 AM
File E:\DCIM\10050308\10400001.MOV
MOV / MP4 / 3GPP2 10m01s
1: Video: AVC1, 11878kbps, 30.0fps, 1920x1080, gop15 - VideoHandler vide
2: Audio: SOWT, 512kbps, 16.0fps - SoundHandler soun
Size 961671179 byte (917.1 Mb)
Started 3/8/2015 10:40:33 AM
Finished 3/8/2015 10:50:34 AM
Duration 0:10:01.000

The firmware version it's running is G1W_DA380_141122V02, if that means anything to anyone. The video looks pretty good, but there's definitely some banding/artifacting that would probably be reduced with a higher bitrate. Are there other firmwares that might work for this camera and enhance its functionality? My main concern is that I haven't been able to locate an image of the currently installed firmware, so if I flash something that borks it I won't have any way to get it back to its initial state.

Here's the Amazon link for the camera: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MYHOD5A
FYI, I tried the search feature but couldn't find any other threads/posts about this G1W variant.

Thanks!

better to leave it as it is unless you can find someone with the same version that has successfully updated, running some other firmware would be the end of your warranty so you'd really want to make sure it was right

better to leave it as it is unless you can find someone with the same version that has successfully updated, running some other firmware would be the end of your warranty so you'd really want to make sure it was right

Well, you're no fun :)

Seriously though, yes, I agree that flashing it with a different firmware would be foolhardy at this point. I was just hoping that I'd find someone that had already done so (successfully, of course), and this seemed like the place to ask.

Thanks!

If you can get the original firmware for yours to roll back to if needed then there's a lot less risk involved

While I have been flash happy with my G1W as seen in the stickied thread it never had a firmware like that.
If this wasn't your only camera maybe, but if this is your only camera better to let it go.

If you find a copy of your firmware file and I find my G1W. I'll give it a try

Back