Wifi, GPS or both?

Capi

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,

I am mading a mess... I want buy my first complete dash cam but, which options are interesing?

I think, the mos important is the GPS, but, is it necessary wifi? Which would be the advantages?
It worth pay 300usd for the blackvue dr500gw that included both or is sufficient with 0803 that has only GPS by 120usd?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

GPS & Wi-Fi are not necessary. You may think you need them but you only want them.

You live in a Country with a hot climate, so reliability & resilience is the first priority, e.g. a dashcam with a capacitor instead of a battery. Good video quality day & night.

The Panorama II / S is widely regarded as the best dashcam currently available. Around $200.

The panorama is very very big...

I am doubting in blackvue dr500gw because has wifi and gps or de 0803

GPS & Wi-Fi are not necessary. You may think you need them but you only want them.

You live in a Country with a hot climate, so reliability & resilience is the first priority, e.g. a dashcam with a capacitor instead of a battery. Good video quality day & night.

The Panorama II / S is widely regarded as the best dashcam currently available. Around $200.

I agree. I bought a GT680W in part because I wanted to see what GPS was all about. It's interesting, it's kind of fun, it's even useful occasionally. Yet, at least for me, it began to feel like a superfluous gimmick that I don't really need or want. I don't see that WiFi would be any more useful either, especially with the limitations in bandwidth for viewing or transferring video. What I NEED in a dash cam is a small stealthy profile, good image quality and rock solid reliability; nothing more, nothing less. I've come to view the Mobius camera with a super-capacitor as the hands down best value for money in the dash cam marketplace. Panorama S is also excellent and you couldn't go wrong if you want a higher end camera that is specifically designed for vehicle use but it is indeed much bigger than a Mobius.

It's nice to have wifi and GPS, however it's no necessary in my opinion. Discrete, reliability, and affordability are the 3 main criteria for me.

Back