Will GPS data be available even when I remove the video overlay for GPS data?

th3r4min

Reaction score
Country
India
If in the settings, I keep GPS on, but switch of the video overlay for data - to get a clean video; will I still get the GPS data?
Will this data be accessible to desktop software like Dashcam Viewer?
Anybody have experience with trying this?

PS: I am ordering the 139 PRO, but need this feature.

If in the settings, I keep GPS on, but switch of the video overlay for data - to get a clean video; will I still get the GPS data?
Will this data be accessible to desktop software like Dashcam Viewer?
Anybody have experience with trying this?

PS: I am ordering the 139 PRO, but need this feature.
When GPS is on, the route is displayed in the app. visually in the video; You can only select or turn off speed, speed and coordinate. This does not prevent you from seeing your route in the app.

So if I understand this correctly, there is no way to collect a clean video feed, and log GPS (location, time, speed) data (either embedded or as a separate log).
Thanks for clarifying this!

The GPS data is embedded in the .MP4 file, you can turn off the GPS stamp, but the data is still in the video.
It means you can collect a clean video.

So if I understand this correctly, there is no way to collect a clean video feed, and log GPS (location, time, speed) data (either embedded or as a separate log).
Thanks for clarifying this!
Let me try to write a little more clearly.
The exact opposite. When GPS is on, GPS data is embedded in the video.
You can turn it off completely if you want. You can also turn it off if you don't want it to appear in the video.
You can turn off the time and date.
You can turn off camera model information.

So you can get a completely text-free image. And if you wish, GPS data will be embedded in the video and the route you follow will be visible in the application.
While watching a video, no text will appear on the screen.

Back