Windows 8 app AVAILABLE

RacingSnake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a message from Pittasoft a month ago saying it was in development.... but I've just seen this screenshot on their front page - clearly referring to it as an app (instead of the viewer).

I can't yet see it in the store, but hopefully very soon it will appear!!

Blackvue_app.jpg

Wey hey!!
I've changed the title of this thread because I've just installed it on both my laptop and surface tablet.

I had to (temporarily) change the region of my computer to the US, then log into the windows store, install the app, then change my region back the UK.

Really chuffed now, especially getting it on the surface, as the ipad one was a pain.

Good spot that dude!!!

Let us know what its like on The Surface... If it's any different from the iPad one.

Ok, been out to check, From an interface perspective, it's the same as the ipad.
Some observations:
  • Doesn't require a password to connect !! - However, for me, the connection to the unit was much more stable - I connected first time and didn't drop until I switched it off.
  • has a glitch where is shows excluded video's included.
  • The video does not include the gps mapping like the ipad version does
  • Once saved to internal memory, you can access the vids through your 'videos' folder <-- this is a fantastic function as it saves me removing the card.
  • The downloading screen shows the bytes remaining (quite interesting).
  • The "OK" button in the about tab is still in Korean :D
These are from my first clicking around - and for a version 1, I'm pretty chuffed with it.

That seems like a great App so far...

Did you notice what the download speeds were like?

Seemed pretty good to me...
Just run a quick test:
  • 37.93MB in 17 seconds
  • 46.58MB in 19 seconds
  • 47.36MB in 19 seconds
I'm on 1 minute blocks, but the first test was a 48second event.

Downloaded After changing region to US. installed from the app store. ran and crashed, manually checked for updates and downloaded the update. still just crashes.

I am going to try region again

Nope Still Crashes out.

I did it also Just changed region to USA and d/loaded it and changed region back to Aussie and it ran OK Looks like a bigger version of the Android app.

Downloaded After changing region to US. installed from the app store. ran and crashed, manually checked for updates and downloaded the update. still just crashes.

I am going to try region again

Nope Still Crashes out.
Don't know what to suggest :(
if it has installed correctly I guess it might be conflicting with other open apps.

I've not had it crash once yet (which doesn't help you I know!)

Neither have I but then I don't have hardly any apps running as I don't ever intend to use them. Bought the Sony Duo 11 for a computer for travelling.

Wanted a smaller one but as it cost the girl I bought it off $1747 6 months ago and I paid $575 one could hardly turn it down could I.

One word of warning If you have upgraded to 8.1 it corrupts your recovery partition and wont allow you to make recovery media Cost me $99 to get it set back to factory and I think its done it again Hope Microsoft bring out a fix for it.

Never seen behaviour like that before :(
We've got 2 win 8.1 pcs and an RT8.1 surface and I've not seen anything like that on any app.

I guess its not helping your opinion of pittasoft :D

On further trials mine says it has "limited" connectivity and connects to the camera but nothing works in the App. Seems to be a Windoze 8 problem rather than the Apps fault

Are you all up to date with you win8 updates?
I don't know what to suggest, as it works fine for me !

Yes I am fully upto date and its a new PC i7 3.5 pleanty of ram ssd masive hard drive. etc etc

This is the operation on my laptop, which is over 2 years old now.

Back