Wiring Black Hero - HELP!

rafig770

Reaction score
Country
United States
First of all thank you for helping ahead of time.
I just purchased the Black Hero from ebay. Now that I found this site and learnt that there is an updated
version. I've seen photos of both and mine looks like the old. I've decided I'm going to give it a try anyway and if I
don't like it I'll buy a better one.

But for now....I'm going to try and install this in my Hyundai Sonata which is a lease so I can do anything too permanent or damaging.
I thought it would be very simple one ground one positive. Except it came with 3 wires! One black (labeled -), one red (labeled +), and one white (labeled ACC).

I'm attaching a photo for you guys. Please some advice on how to wire this would be great.

Thanks.

IMG_20130414_083937.jpg

Red is 12V, Black is ground and ACC is for when the engine is on.

Attach the red cable to a fuse (normally under the steering wheel) with constant power (always on) such as the one for door locks. Attach the white cable to a fuse that supplies power only when the engine is on, such as the accessory socket. Attach the black cable (ground) to a metal connected to the car body.

You can follow this installation procedure except that your red wire would be equivalent to the yellow wire on that website, your white wire is equivalent to the red wire on the site and black is the same. You need to consult your manual to find the actual fuse connectors.

Back