WolfBox Hardwiring Issue

AlFromCO

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All!

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what to do with my hardwiring issue - the BATT function (for parking mode) of the hardwire kit works just fine (so ground line and BATT line are good), but ACC doesn't (device doesn't start). I have 12.8 volts measured at the ACC wire (and when I switch that same power to the BATT wire while keeping ground connection the same, device starts). I've got a Wolfbox G840S. The ACC wire is fine (not cut or abraded). When I test the camera to see if the ACC functionality is good by using the supplied cigarette lighter ACC power port (instead of the hardwire kit), the camera starts. Can't figure it out.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

Wait, I think I might have solved it! Before installation, I snipped off the (15A) spade fuse supplied at the end of the ACC line, because I have an available ACC line that is already protected by a 15A fuse (I didn't mention this in my post because I didn't see how it would be relevant). But I just now took a closer look at the little caddy that held that fuse... and there seems to be a weird, small ceramic type electrical component under the fuse. It seems like it's a capacitor? Resistor maybe? I don't know, but I think that its removal from the circuit it might be the source of my issue. Anyone know if this was it? And what this component is? Thanks!

This is a totally unknown brand to me, and i think a lot of other helpful people.
If you can snap a picture of the parts in question it might help, you should be able to upload pictures directly to this site, by clicking the "picture" icon next to the smiley icon in the row of options above the box you type in, you can select pictures and click OK or drag and drop pictures into the little box that pop up.

Maybe also say what car you have, some modern cars can be problematic due to their wire harness also being smart these days, and some times it is a bit too smart for us DIY people.

Thanks for your reply. I sent the unit back. But the new unit has a similar issue - ACC doesn't start up. Weird.

After buying a new unit I finally figured out that the two wires on the hardwire kit were reverse labeled - the one labeled ACC is really the BATT+ (always on), and vice versa. But I still don't have anything on the menu regarding power on or time lapse.

Back