Won't power on

dashcamusernb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My nextbase NBDVR300Wwon't power on after trying to update it. I connected it to my PC with the USB cable, formatted the SD card and put the file FW300WA.bin on to it. I have tried resetting the dashcam without the SD card in it, by pressing reset on the side. There is a red exclamtion mark that is flashing when I press reset, so the dashcam is receiving power. It just won't turn on, have tried powering it on with the hardwired car kit. It was fine up until I tried to update the firmware (the date kept resetting to 2018). Any ideas would be greatly received.

Hi,

If you plug the dashcam into your computer, what shows on it please?
Does your computer have a SD card adaptor please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

When I plug the DashCam into my PC, it doesn’t show up, with the SD card in or out of the DashCam. You can see from the photo that the DashCam is plugged in, the power lights won’t come on, but the red “!” is lit up. I have pressed the reset button again, but nothing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 3
I have also put the firmware directly onto the SD Card by putting it into my PCs card adaptor. When I put the SD Card back into the DashCam, nothing happens. It’s still stuck with the “!”

I think we should send you a firmware update card instead. I've DM'd you for your postal details.

When the card arrives, please insert it into the camera. The camera will then automatically update, you'll see the LEDs flashing. Once the update has finished (the LEDs stop flashing), please go into the Settings via the app to confirm the update has taken place.

You can do this by:
1. Open the DriveGuard app on your phone.
2. Select the menu in the top left of the home screen.
3. Select 'Dash Cam Settings'.
4. Look at the Firmware Version.
Once confirmed, remove the SD card and insert the original SD card for continued use. Please dispose of the one-time use Firmware update SD card.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back