Xiaomi Yi accesories and SJ4000

Batto271

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Well the thing is that I need some extra accesories for my Xiaomi Yi.
And in Argentina they are quite expensive, cheaper than that is a Fake SJ4000 new, wich comes with everything I need indeed.

Does anyone knows if the accesories are compatible?
Is it worthy to buy for the same money the Fake SJ4000 with the accesories, or just the accesories for the same money?

Thanks.
PS: If it's not the place please move it.

Well the thing is that I need some extra accesories for my Xiaomi Yi.
And in Argentina they are quite expensive, cheaper than that is a Fake SJ4000 new, wich comes with everything I need indeed.

Does anyone knows if the accesories are compatible?
Is it worthy to buy for the same money the Fake SJ4000 with the accesories, or just the accesories for the same money?

Thanks.
PS: If it's not the place please move it.

You can buy a large bundle of accessories and mounts that may meet your needs from places like Banggood at a relatively modest price. (Just confirm with them that they are actually in stock before ordering.) "Compatible with ALL HERO4, HERO3+, HERO3, HERO2, HD HERO Original Cameras, SJ4000, SJ 5000 and Xiaomi Yi"

accessories.png

Last edited:
The problem is that anything bought online from outside, has to pass trought customs, wich are a really pain in the as* down here in Argentina.
So I need to buy stuf from resellers down here.

A Fake SJ4000 comes with a case and few staff that I can use, I was only looking for an extra case wich cost about 50$ and the fake SJ4000 is about 70$. So 20$ for the fake Sj 720p model with some extra staff and the Case I need. IF it's compatible.

The problem is that anything bought online from outside, has to pass trought customs, wich are a really pain in the as* down here in Argentina.
So I need to buy stuf from resellers down here.

A Fake SJ4000 comes with a case and few staff that I can use, I was only looking for an extra case wich cost about 50$ and the fake SJ4000 is about 70$. So 20$ for the fake Sj 720p model with some extra staff and the Case I need. IF it's compatible.

What a bummer about customs. I guess it might be worth buying the fake SJ just to get the accessories. Or maybe you could get a friend outside the country to send what you want as a private gift without the packaging, if that might work?

What a bummer about customs. I guess it might be worth buying the fake SJ just to get the accessories. Or maybe you could get a friend outside the country to send what you want as a private gift without the packaging, if that might work?

Not really, used, new, gift, promotional, even RMA products go through customs and you can't get your stuff without being considered by the state as an international buyer/importing stuff so, it's a pain in the as$.

I guess I will just buy the fake SJ4000 and use it for a project while using the accesories for my Xiaomi Yi.
I think they are compatible, but I will wait for @Pavle to confirm it.

Camera has 1/4″ screw hole, so its compatible with whatever can fit that. For GoPro/SJ4000 mounts, you need an adapter.
I am not sure if your fake sj4000 has one, look for something like this as well. Both should work, i believe second one is included with original sj4000.

With that adapter you can attach it to most of the accessories. Be aware that Yi can not fit into SJ4000 waterproof case (it might but it would require modifications, and that's not always safe)
Not sure which mounts you need and which project, but imho its better to buy few pieces for YI that you will really use like waterproof case, lens cap, spare battery than getting fake SJ4000 and ending up with 3 pieces you will actually use. Here is a list of interesting accessories for YI.
Fellow reviewer also has neat list here.
As for SJ4000 the ones that are useful and not included in the box are on this list.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Camera has 1/4″ screw hole, so its compatible with whatever can fit that. For GoPro/SJ4000 mounts, you need an adapter.
I am not sure if your fake sj4000 has one, look for something like this as well. Both should work, i believe second one is included with original sj4000.

With that adapter you can attach it to most of the accessories. Be aware that Yi can not fit into SJ4000 waterproof case (it might but it would require modifications, and that's not always safe)
Not sure which mounts you need and which project, but imho its better to buy few pieces for YI that you will really use like waterproof case, lens cap, spare battery than getting fake SJ4000 and ending up with 3 pieces you will actually use. Here is a list of interesting accessories for YI.
As for SJ4000 the ones that are useful and not included in the box are on this list.
Hope that helps.

Good advice.
I will try to look for a Xiaomi Yi Waterproof case, that's indeed what I'm looking for mostly.
As I said, the case only is 50$ here, and the faje SJ4000 is 70$. That's 20$ for the fake camera and the other accesories, that's why I was tempted to buy it.
But if the case won't be usable as it and It needs to be modified that's no good.
Do you know what needs to be modified? Is it a Fit problem? or a button problems?

With that adapter you can attach it to most of the accessories. Be aware that Yi can not fit into SJ4000 waterproof case (it might but it would require modifications, and that's not always safe) Not sure which mounts you need and which project, but imho its better to buy few pieces for YI that you will really use like waterproof case, lens cap, spare battery than getting fake SJ4000 and ending up with 3 pieces you will actually use. Here is a list of interesting accessories for YI.
Hope that helps.

Never mind, just found a video where they try to put the Yi in a SJ4000 case, it's imposible.
It won't fit, you you have to take some plastic off the inside, and even then, the lense of the sj4000 it's closer to the top of the camera, and the Yi is more centered.

Back