Yet another please help thread

aucam

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hail from Australia. I've been reading this forum on and off now for quite a few months trying to research a good dashcam.

As my last result I'm asking the dreaded "please help me find a good dashcam" thread.

I originally wanted a 2ch system but none of them seem to cut the mustard (are good) at the moment.

I would like the following features:

* Front and rear monitoring at 1080p 30+FPS per channel. I can settle for 720p rear at 30fps.
* Rear monitoring for a reverse camera (so add-on screen is desirable)
* Accurate GPS builtin (some videos I've seen seem to lag on the current speed)
* Parking mode
* Prefer small and discrete cameras with separate screen so it could be mounted lower on the dashboard.

There were a few I was holding out to have firmware updates hoping to fix their shortcomings. They were:

* Itronics ITB-500HD
* BlackVue DR550GW-HD
* Urive Albatross II

I understand these didn't meet all my requirements but came pretty close from my searches. As you are all aware they have bitrate issues. I liked the idea of the external box for the Itronics and that I could attach a screen to it if I understood the specs correctly.

I have two cars I'm hoping to buy these for, am I doomed to buy two 1ch systems for each car for now?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Edit: Fixed grammar.

I guess there are compromises to be had in all the current 2 channel systems, things will improve though, maybe worth looking at a cheaper single camera system in the interim

I'm happy to test your upcoming 2ch systems jokiin. :)

There seem to be, at least to me, a lot of newer brands or up and coming brands. jokiin, do you have a recommendation for a 1ch to use as an interim?

Depends how much you'd be willing to spend on a single camera model and what functionality and features you need, there's generally something decent in each price bracket though

On a system that had everything I wanted, price wouldn't be of a great concern but an interim system I'd prefer to spend less than AU$300.

I agree that if something ticks all the right boxes its worth paying for, as an interim measure though its not worth spending big money, better to be conservative I think, around $100 there's a few 96650 + AR0330 solutions that are good bang for buck, $200 the Panorama II, more than that is maybe not worthwhile if only a temporary solution

One of the reasons I purchased the Finevu Pros, (2 cams, front & rear) was that they have 10Mbps, & I'm impressed w/ the image they provide.

Back