Yi cam 4k issues

markdj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. 5Ghz WiFi doesn't work so transferring a 10 minute video is slow at 3.5Mb/s
2. Using yi action cam app, the exported video is only 720p
3. I'd like to extract single frames from 4k footage

Is there a way to do this while using my phone? (Nexus 6p) is there another app i could use to connect to yi cam to retrieve footage?

Thanks

I'll add more things to the list...
  • When turning on, the battery indicator is red for about 1/2 second and only then it shows the proper battery status. If you need a delay in order to get a proper reading, do not show the icon from the beginning. Show it when the reading is available.
  • In time lapse mode, the screen turns on when it is taking a picture. This has a negative impact on the battery life.
  • Battery life in time lapse mode is about the same as video mode. It seems that the camera does not sleep between pictures.
  • Add an option to turn off screen / screenless mode to save battery.
  • The android application does not automatically reconnect / save the camera connection profile
  • The android application shows home screen every time. The home screen shows social media posts. This is stupid. When I open the app, my main intention is to connect to the camera and take pictures; not posting on social media. Please make the process connecting to the camera as quick and painless as possible.
  • Settings are not kept when firmware is upgraded.
  • Exposure compensation / EV does not show adjustment on the viewfinder, only on the recorded file. Update: fixed as of version 1.0.13

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Yi 4K Action Camera 2
Back