Z06 Vs P1 at COTA

i'd heard the new c7 had the option of a dashcam for racing... hadn't seen how well it's integrated into everything. looks like gran turismo!

and if it hadn't been for that white porsche, we wouldn't have seen the mclaren for more than a few seconds.

I am not sure if this is recorded with any default chevy hardware, i think there is some options/hardware for racers to add on top of footage from a gopro or somthing.
Anyway its pretty cool, and so is the track :) i would not mind to beat on somthing fast for a afternoon there.

I think the P1 driver is a little chicken in the turns, but then again i suffer from the old ideas of American cars only do good in a strait line, and we all know they can allso do turns now.

[QUOTE="kamkar1, post: 121711, member: 3323"I think the P1 driver is a little chicken in the turns, but then again i suffer from the old ideas of American cars only do good in a strait line, and we all know they can allso do turns now.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he was chicken but he could have driven quite a few of them a bit more aggressively.

The difference in acceleration on the straights is awe inspiring to be sure. WOW ! ! !

yeah, i've seen that before - someone with a badass car is afraid to drive it the way it was meant to be driven once they get to the track. not that i blame them though - expensive car + rookie driver = we've all seen those videos.

the first real track event i ever went to was at texas world speedway and we ran the 2.9 mile road course. i was in my miata which was stock except for adjustable shocks, sway bars and upgraded brake pads. i was still on street tires, too! meanwhile, a twin turbo dodge viper, which had just put down about 900 RWHP on the dyno the day before, and was now on super-wide Hoosier racing slicks was also on the track with me. my miata probably makes about 105 RWHP, and my tires were only 195mm wide. it's no surprise that the viper would walk away from me on the front straight, but the sad part was i was PUSHING him by turn 3. since we were in a rookie group, passing was only allowed on straights and with a wave-by from the driver being passed. it probably pissed him off to no end when the instructor riding with him told him to let me pass - he couldn't just floor it on the front straight and had to wait for my measly little 4-cylinder to pass him and his massive 10-cylinder. but once i passed him, i never saw him again till i was just about to lap him. :D

I have the video somewhere, just need to copy it off the videotape (digital8) and upload to youtube. that camera has a firewire port, but my current computer doesn't. newegg has one for $14 though... maybe i'll grab one and finally dump the video off those old tapes. hopefully bitrot isn't too bad.

That's a built-in Performance Data Recorder, which comes with new Corvettes (and will come with other vehicles like 2016 Cadillac CTS-V). Pretty cool that it puts OBD overlays onto video, though you have to initiate the recording manually and I believe it doesn't automatically overwrite old recordings (it doesn't work like "standrad" dashboard cam) and the current color accuracy is awful.

So thats why Rowan Atkinson sold his F1 :D i wonder if he will allso put a dent in his new mclaren :p

So thats why Rowan Atkinson sold his F1 :D i wonder if he will allso put a dent in his new mclaren :p

Has it actually sold? the McLaren F1 was around £550,000 at the time Mr Bean bought his. He's asking £8,000,000 for it.

Considering that he crashed it twice, & cost his Insurers nearly £1,000,000 in repair bills, I'm not sure I'd want that particular F1

okay twice :rolleyes: seem like his driving skills match his acting skills :D

Has it actually sold? the McLaren F1 was around £550,000 at the time Mr Bean bought his. He's asking £8,000,000 for it.

Considering that he crashed it twice, & cost his Insurers nearly £1,000,000 in repair bills, I'm not sure I'd want that particular F1
Yeah that's what put me off buying it :p

Back