“Rotate Image 180” comments and a small bug.

Boston's Mike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
I hope Raymond Chan reads the following:

1. When the "Rotate Image 180" option is set, the top/bottom buttons are also flipped. This is good because top still acts as top even when it is now a different button. However when the sub menu of the "Playback on Camera" is entered, the top/bottom buttons are not flipped. This is bad because the top button is the down button, and down is the up.

2. Number 2 is no really a bug but it would be great if they could do this. When the "Rotate Image 180" option is set, my date/time are now in the upper left of the videos. They are now mostly in the bright blue sky and hard to see. I had my mini 0806 sitting on the dash as my first test in the car. The camera was not set to "Rotate Image 180" mode. The text information was in the lower right of the screen as easy to read because that area is mostly dark. So it would be great of the text when in the "Rotate Image 180" was also in the lower right of the video.

1. I thought that had been fixed, I definitely put it on the bug list ages ago... I use mine the normal way up though so wouldn't have noticed if it came back again.
2. Might be more chance of the upside down text changing to a dark colour than being moved, if that would solve your issue?...

1. I've only seen this in the submenu of the playback mode where you can delete files and protected and unprotected them.

2, I still prefer having it in the lower right hand corner but displaying it in a high contrast color will improve it a lot

The video is for my camera shake problem. But it also shows #2 of my "Rotate Image 180" issue. The date & time are in the upper left of the frame. However, you almost never see them because of the bright blue sky.

2, I still prefer having it in the lower right hand corner but displaying it in a high contrast color will improve it a lot

Nigel, after reviewing more of my videos, I feel the upper left of the screen for text is not good no matter what color the text is. This is because the background color changes depending where I'm driving. It is better to have the text in the lower right as the background is always dark.

As a software engineer myself, I would think it is not that difficult unless the hardware prevents writing in that area.

Thanks.

Back