Dash Cam Touch Screen Trend for 2013

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been noticing a lot of cameras, particularly from Korea, that are being introduced with touch screens. Seems to be a big trend over the last 2 months in the dual camera market. Here are 6 new cameras released in the last 2 months with touch screens

HyundaiMobicon Magic-View IT-6000 comes with a 4" screen.

Magic%20View%20IT-6000.jpg

Worldview The View W1 comes with a 3" screen.

Worldview%20The%20View%20W1.jpg

Urive Albatross II. Not much info since it isn't on the Urive site yet.

Urive%20Albatross%20II.jpg

Iriver X600 comes with a 3.5" screen.

iriver%20x600.jpg

Sooinkorea Anyview Touch 3' comes with a 3" screen.

Anyview%20Touch%203.0.jpg

Yuri Digicom K800 HD

Yuridigicom%20K800%20Hd.jpg

not a feature I'd by rushing to put into a dashcam, really only suitable on larger displays anyway but I'd rather be spending the same money to add SDXC support rather than a touchscreen

Yeah, touchscreen=large cameras. I see no future for these.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't get it either. But it must be a Korean thing. I'm looking for small discrete cameras and recently the Koreans are launching large cams with touch screens.

I agree with the size issue. . . might as well mount an iPad on your dash lol.

Add this one too - XBlack L35HD with 3.5" touch screen

navigator.kg_image_cache_data_L35HD_engmenu_500x500.jpg

navigator.kg_image_cache_data_l35hd_back_500x500.jpg

navigator.kg_image_cache_data_xblackgps_20copy_500x500.jpg

I think it's because you may use your dashcam, to show police you are innocent, right at the place you were stopped
It's more than actual in Russia and many other ex-ussr countries
And i think Korean's built many models lookin on Russian consumers, as Russia now becoming huge dashcam market

Dimmensions only 80.00mm x 38.50mm x 71.00mm

Iriver x700 seems to be a good option for a dual channel dashcam and I expect to be about $200.
There is also the Iriver X750 with GPS but costs more.
All links I found are korean so this is a reason to not post until now.

enjoy,
Mtz

The x700 and x750 seem much more discrete.

Here is another one of these large touch screen dash cams. Seems like one is released every week.

Bulls-i Pegasus ETK-B3600 is a dual camera with a 3.5" touch screen.

dashcamtalk.com_cams_touch_20screen_Bulls_i_20Pegasus_20ETK_B3600.jpg

i could see how a large screen unit might be useful if the cameras had housings for external mounting. it could double as a parking camera for the rear and front.

tofu said:
i could see how a large screen unit might be useful if the cameras had housings for external mounting. it could double as a parking camera for the rear and front.

sure a large screen makes it easy to use but I really think the average vehicle would have a problem mounting something so large, very impractical and the opposite of what they really need to be, discrete

Back