Viofo A119S videos

Here's another one of questionable use, since it is snowing today. But here it is anyways! :)

@Rhody401 Do you see any of the mushiness and blocking in the original video? What's the bitrate?

Rhody, your signature is about A119C and this model does not exists, just A119.

enjoy,
Mtz

1080p @ 60 FPS is looking good at night, a lot less motion blur. :) The clip where it's snowing would be a challenge for any dash cam.
Im now looking on my A119 where is snowing and i think its look muc better then this. But it probably because i use 1440p@30 so camera dont need to much light as on 60 fps. Or maybe is it lower bitrate and **** youtube compression?

Im now looking on my A119 where is snowing and i think its look muc better then this. But it probably because i use 1440p@30 so camera dont need to much light as on 60 fps. Or maybe is it lower bitrate and **** youtube compression?

The original clip by Rhody401 is way better then the YT version. Try uploading your clip and you'll see what their crappy encoding does to the video.

The bitrate on the original file is approximately 20 MBPS.

There's no point comparing two different videos. The only way to do this is either you have a A119s mounted next to your A119 or Rhody401 mounts a A119 next to the his A119S.

You can not judge a camera in such snowing conditions and in different places. Also here is the A119S thread, not the A119.

enjoy,
Mtz

There's no point comparing two different videos. The only way to do this is either you have a A119s mounted next to your A119 or Rhody401 mounts a A119 next to the his A119S.
OK no problem. I only say what i saw (pixellated parts video. Which for me does not happen in snow in my A119). If original look better then there is no problem.

Btw: One question. "S" have better cmos or not?

Last edited:
The videos were from the A119S, not A119. If you need access to the originals, I'll be glad to post a link. I was concerned about using up the monthly bandwidth allowance of my webhost, so I posted them only on Facebook. I shared this link privately with the 3 people who previously asked.

If anyone really needs access to the original 3 videos, you can grab them here http://162.244.253.119/~gtp/a119s/

Rhody

I have both and could do that, but not until we have some improved weather. By then, everyone will have their supply of the new model.

It is funny how youtube is not working good with footage from some cameras / brand / models, even if they have more or less same bitrate and raw footage have same levels of blocking or lack of it.

I know the video is A119S but I thought the sony cmos is better than the omni A119. That's why I wrote what I wrote. I really did not expect that record will be on youtube a lot worse than it looks original. Especially when for me it did not happen at A119 (not too much).

The videos were from the A119S, not A119. If you need access to the originals, I'll be glad to post a link. I was concerned about using up the monthly bandwidth allowance of my webhost, so I posted them only on Facebook. I shared this link privately with the 3 people who previously asked.

If anyone really needs access to the original 3 videos, you can grab them here http://162.244.253.119/~gtp/a119s/

Rhody
The easy answer is to post some frame grabs, they only take up a very small amount of your monthly bandwidth allowance, they can show the original quality if uploaded to the right place, and everyone can see them in full quality without needing extremely high connection speeds or use up much of their own monthly allowance. It is also easier to see side by side comparisons than with moving video and you can pick a frame which shows a feature or issue that you want to show. Far more people will look at a frame grab than will bother to download a huge raw video file.

Here's another sample, now that we FINALLY have a bit of sunshine :)

Raw link, if needed: (Click DOWNLOAD, which I believe will give the full sized file) https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hk4rjw0aqsnf89/2016_1219_120520_163.MP4?dl=0

It seems apparent that I need to get a bunch of CPLs for my vehicles, to go with these new cams. But I'm impressed with the quality, nevertheless. This is the A119S in my personal vehicle, NOT to be confused with the sealed spare listed on an auction site.

Mike
PS: That has to be the LARGEST speed bump in the world :)

Back