A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

You mean that it will be available in the future for the A118 ?
How ? By adding a GPS antenna to the "IN" plug of the A118 ?
In other terms, would it be possible to add a GPS receiver to the actual A118 ?

Yes, I've understand this.
But will I have to order another A118 or could I add GPS to this one I already have ?

This would be a good news ! :)

Agreed, that is good news! :)

Jokiin, any ideas on why Foxoffer appears to have removed the 0803 from their website?

Jokiin, any ideas on why Foxoffer seems to have removed the 0803 from their website?

no idea, ran out of stock maybe, website update, not sure

there was another production run scheduled to finish around about now so they may well be waiting on stock, availability last month was a bit low, there were more orders than product initially

Seems strange, when they have other stock items marked as "Sold Out", but the 0803 has disappeared completely.

But then again, if the A118 will have GPS soon, I will definitely opt for it instead.

Okay!:) Will just wait patiently (if possible) for the A118 with GPS to become available.

Yeah I saw the same thing in the software in the G1W GPS option was there as well. Yes or No.

User manual mentions : 5 - GPS Interface

img_2014.jpg

Ah, but is the plug in connected to the mainboard. Maybe Niko can tell us. I would not mind the additional function. Even though you know my thoughts on the logger lol :)

Ah, but is the plug in connected to the mainboard. Maybe Niko can tell us. I would not mind the additional function. Even though you know my thoughts on the logger lol :)

Yes, all sockets are soldered to main board, incl. GPS socket.

Have spent a few weeks looking into potential dash cams. Was initially looking at the 0803 though after watching the posts decided against it. I have ordered the A118 from foxoffer paying in USD even though they have the option to switch to GBP. But if did that cost more than £10 more than the converted USD equivalent.

I am guessing it won't arrive to the UK for a couple or so weeks though.

Good Choice and Welcome. The Ladies and Gents here have been supportive.

The new FW can support external GPS antenna, we don't have GPS module in stock.
If someone really need it, I will try to get some.

Seems strange, when they have other stock items marked as "Sold Out", but the 0803 has disappeared completely.

But then again, if the A118 will have GPS soon, I will definitely opt for it instead.
It is available now, when the product is sold out, the product status will be automatically disabled by website.
We got some in stock now. Recently due to lace of main board, the production is a bit slow. The production will be better next week.

The new FW can support external GPS antenna, we don't have GPS module in stock.
If someone really need it, I will try to get some.
I'm very interested for 1 pcs GPS module :)
I'll make another video review with GPS module :D

I think you will have many other requests soon ;)

Last edited:
Back