2 Finevu DCs p/car + 4 cars = Big headache

Finally got the last rigged up.

1966 Corvette Stingray Coupe

I think interest is fading on my various installations, so I'm not going into detail here. Plus, I lost the pics I took when building the wood mounting supports for both cams (I think an ex-wife must have stolen them or else I deleted them while in a drunken stupor). If someone asks, I'll take pics of the finished brackets I made.

Because of the small area to work w/ I had to make compromises in the placement of the cam. The rear window was tricky since it's almost horizontal.

I choose this segment of video because it shows a downside of using a Polaroid filter. In still photography, u turn the filter as u look through the lens. This allows u to get the correct angle so it gives u the effect of reducing glare etc. It's possible to estimate this w/ DCs, by holding the filter up to u'r eyes & w/ marks that u've placed on it, place it in the same position on the DC. BUT, as soon as u drive in a different direction, u have to do it all over again....obviously, u can't do this. The whole idea of using that filter on DCs seems a little dicey to me because of this.

Here u see the problem. The filter is on. It's mounted on the DC at a certain angle. But again, as the sun & car moves, that setting may or may not help. On my vid, it makes for a pretty sunrise & sky, but causes the road & cars to be underexposed. Looking out the back window (w/o a Polaroid) u see a pale sky, but detailed cars & road. Remember also that I explained earlier why I moved the rear cam's brightness setting lighter. As a result of this situation, when I drive into the sun, & I remember to do so, I'll pop the filter off.

Back