About the SJ4000 Action Camera Original and Copy Version

Just bought the Tronsport SJ4000 since it's on discount at Geekbuying. Hope it's the real deal.
From what I read, the things matters the most is the lens and the sensor, since this one use the Novatek and not the Sunplus, it should be the same as SJCAM one.
Oh well, we'll found out in a week when it arrived.

not the real deal, I checked with the factory this morning, they do not supply this Tronsport version

Hi guys, i"m new here. I ve bought a year ago camera from aliexpress and i am satisfyed with it but i like what sj4000 can offer, and i found which one to buy. So, my question is, whether this is original or not?
I would be realy thankful if someone could reply in a day, because discount for this one is on 11.11. :)
Cheers

Hard to say if it real or not, it's not branded SJCAM. It looks like it is real yet pictures are often deceptive. Why not get the branded SJCAM WiFi version for the same money? I hate to sound like a commercial for GearBest, since Ive written this deal a few times yet they have the SJCAM branded Sj4000 WiFi for $87 with coupon code GBSJCAM.

Not real, original SJ4000 means nothing when factories that make the knockoffs call their models SJ4000

Reactions: Mtz
Not real, original SJ4000 means nothing when factories that make the knockoffs call their models SJ4000
The original is the SJCAM, correct?

There were non branded versions, now they are all branded so to be safe the recommendation is definitely get the branded version. I wonder how long till the branded ones are copies? They should do am authorized seller list similar to the Mobius.

Taking a risk to save what is only a small amount nearly always results in long term frustration. Time is money, buy trusted / confirmed only.

If you want to be sure buy it from Foxoffer
While GearBest supplied my SJs for review, so no financial risk was incurred. I can assure their validity by many means, including disassembly. If there was any doubt, F**k any chance of a recommendation. Yet I think by saying only buy the SJ4000 trusted from FoxOffer you dismiss so many competing, honest, even local sellers like SpyTec or B&H Photo to just name a few. While you're here and can physical confirm the validity of Pier 28 as selling your products, many companies can not. SJCAM took the right step by branding their cameras and Kudos to Billknow for all the info to help us buy the original, yet there needs to be a better system in place by these good, quality companies who make good, quality cameras to list sellers we should buy from, unless of course SJCAM a only sells from FoxOffer. Information is the key, not branding. I think in this department, Mobius got it right and it makes the buying experience very pleasant.

Last edited:
The only reason I say if in doubt buy from Foxoffer is I am familiar with their relationship to this product and can vouch for them (for whatever that's worth) GearBest may well have the right product but I've never connected with them at all and don't know who is involved, can't vouch for them personally if I don't know them

There were non branded versions, now they are all branded so to be safe the recommendation is definitely get the branded version. I wonder how long till the branded ones are copies? They should do am authorized seller list similar to the Mobius.
It is a very good for list the authorized sellers, but it is difficult to do this.
Not like mobius, so many Chinese sellers can sell the SJCAM brand, for foreign resellers, they can get from different suppliers, it is not fair to release one sellers, and not list another sellers.
Thanks for the Jokiin recommend our store, for the SJCAM products, I recommend buy the SJCAM brand version, but there is also non-brand SJ4000 and SJ4000 WiFi on the market, so better to buy trusted sellers.

For the USA buyers, can buy from SpyTec or B&H directly to get fast shipping.

We will do more work to support SJCAM products, we always send the buyers review, firmware request to the manufacturer.

Thanks @billknow for keeping us updated and informed about SJCAM and about the fakes. With the SJCAM branding and the new cameras hopefully the company will grow. I can't wait to see the SJ5000 Plus in action, though I am hoping it comes in another color than yellow

not the real deal, I checked with the factory this morning, they do not supply this Tronsport version
Are you sure?
Since afaik, the factory that did the SJ4000 for sjcam is Hongfeng.
And I asked them about this and they said, Tronsport SJ4000 is the same as SJCAM SJ4000.
They even said that I can use the same firmware.

I asked the factory if they did the Transport and they said it wasn't from them
Which factory is it if I may ask?
Coz if Hongfeng, they assured me that they made both SJ4000 for SJCaM and Tronsport.

Factory tells me they don't make it
As I know, they sell the SJCAM brand version, also in Tronsport brand. But they also sell the copy version before. Not sure if they still sell the copy version at same time now.
The original non brand version price is low now, maybe they only sell the original version now.

Screenshot_2014-11-10-12-47-03.png
That was the reply for my inquiry.
No reasons to debate furthermore, still waiting for my Tronsport SJ4000 to came, and will test it out myself.

That was the reply for my inquiry.
No reasons to debate furthermore, still waiting for my Tronsport SJ4000 to came, and will test it out myself.
I think they only sell the original version now. Because they know if you want to build long-term business with SJCAM products, it is not a good idea sell the sjcam and copy version at same time.
Below is the WiFi version they sold before for reference.
sj4000 wifi.jpg

Back