Breaking Traction

• Thread starter Deleted member 64174
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 64174

Well...not a good thing to do at an intersection when the law is nearby. :)

Was that a slippery road surface, or slippery tyres?
Didn't seem to go very fast!

Hehe being too generous with your pony car throttle, that is also a no - no in Denmark :)

I must say after having been watching some of those mechanic videos on youtube, the cars some Americans drive, and what some do with their cars,,,,,, have me a bit worried.

But i sort of knew it, the 1958 Chevy Apache my friend got in the 90ties, imported from the states, well each front fender had like old road signs and many pounds of Bondo on it.
The car dealer had to get 2 fiberglass fenders or get his teeth kicked in for the so called ( ready to register car )
And dont get me started on the bottom foot of the 2 doors,,,,,, fortunately he worked at a paint shop at a Ford dealer back then so they could do the " skin " draft.

The 1985 Dodge ram charger he later got, well lets just say the frame was not as strait as when it left the factory, the hood,,,,, also a lot heavier than when it was made.
So warped you could not put a new windscreen it it,,,,,, at least not like a windscreen are supposed to install.

My friend,,,,,, he should lay off buying used cars,,,, he is NOT very good at it.

His first land rover, well when we was done with the rusted out frame, about a couple of feet was left of it,,,,, would / should have gotten a entire new frame we could have thrown under the sucker.

O and BTW manhandling a 208 kg land rover gearbox in place along a curb on the street with just a single cheap China floor jack,,,,,,, well lets just say i was a lot stronger back then, CUZ god damn.

Was that a slippery road surface, or slippery tyres?
Didn't seem to go very fast!

Road was perfectly dry. Has not rained in maybe 5 days. There is always that one spot on a carb/motor where you can step into with the pedal and you will smoke the tires. These cars are quite heavy and punching the right power curve will easily spin the tires. The weather has been the nice fall type warm weather, with clear and clean air to breath. Makes you feel good and sometimes to do silly things. :)

Hehe being too generous with your pony car throttle, that is also a no - no in Denmark :)

I must say after having been watching some of those mechanic videos on youtube, the cars some Americans drive, and what some do with their cars,,,,,, have me a bit worried.

But i sort of knew it, the 1958 Chevy Apache my friend got in the 90ties, imported from the states, well each front fender had like old road signs and many pounds of Bondo on it.
The car dealer had to get 2 fiberglass fenders or get his teeth kicked in for the so called ( ready to register car )
And dont get me started on the bottom foot of the 2 doors,,,,,, fortunately he worked at a paint shop at a Ford dealer back then so they could do the " skin " draft.

The 1985 Dodge ram charger he later got, well lets just say the frame was not as strait as when it left the factory, the hood,,,,, also a lot heavier than when it was made.
So warped you could not put a new windscreen it it,,,,,, at least not like a windscreen are supposed to install.

My friend,,,,,, he should lay off buying used cars,,,, he is NOT very good at it.

His first land rover, well when we was done with the rusted out frame, about a couple of feet was left of it,,,,, would / should have gotten a entire new frame we could have thrown under the sucker.

O and BTW manhandling a 208 kg land rover gearbox in place along a curb on the street with just a single cheap China floor jack,,,,,,, well lets just say i was a lot stronger back then, CUZ god damn.

Here in the States one has to be careful when buying cars from the north due to all the road salt. Also, buying cars from around the ocean area due to all the ocean salt that eats up the metal. It is worse for older cars as they have no undercoating.

The older pony cars were notorious for rusted fender wells and floor pans. Another big rust item was the box for the start battery. I rebuilt a 68 that I was lucky to get with no body rust at all. It was a yucky Sea Foam green but it was a Mustang. :)

I am a 66 myself, so with a lotto win, quite a few US cars from that time period i would acquire for my collection.

I had something vaguely similar many years ago when a car full of young Herbert's pulled alongside at traffic lights in the wet with engine revving away. When the lights changed they stayed almost stationary with drive wheels spinning whilst my new car with traction control left them in the distance without me doing anything exceptional.

Back