Bricked GS1000 (Sunty 5E5)

OMG I am running on too little sleep. When reading the debug log I realized something: when the unit drops off and reenumerates in the host, it does not automatically attach to the VM. Therefore, it will not reconnect. In this case, I would be able to erase and back up the flash, and even upload an upgrade to the camera, but not initiate the install. The debug is too long to capture (it scrolls out) but here is the info-level log and you will see what I am talking about:
AMBA_Log_Set_Level:(2)
Set message level: 2
Found 0 busses, 1 devices changed
Dev#0: 0x4255 (Amba) : 0x0001 (A4 ) : 123456789ABC has 1 configs
AMBA device found!
State is BOOT
Wait device re-init...
Found 0 busses, 1 devices changed
AMBA device not found!
Wait device re-init...
Found 0 busses, 0 devices changed
AMBA device not found!
Wait device re-init...
Found 0 busses, 0 devices changed
AMBA device not found!
BLD execute failed.
Failed!!

I just hijacked my roommate's XP notebook so I can get this going. Thanks for the pointers! I'll post an update later on.

kimvette said:
OMG I am running on too little sleep. When reading the debug log I realized something: when the unit drops off and reenumerates in the host, it does not automatically attach to the VM.

that's the type of result I've seen before when using a VM, shame as I would have liked to have found a working solution so I don't need to keep an XP machine going just for this

IT IS FIXED! Thank you!

There is a solution for working in VMLite, I suspect. One could define USB filters and it is supposed to automatically detect. I need to pack for a trip now that this fixed but if I get some time during my trip I will test my theory and post the results. Since you have been so helpful to me, I want to try to find a workable long term solution for you. :)

Thanks again!

-Kim

kimvette said:
IT IS FIXED! Thank you!

There is a solution for working in VMLite, I suspect. One could define USB filters and it is supposed to automatically detect. I need to pack for a trip now that this fixed but if I get some time during my trip I will test my theory and post the results. Since you have been so helpful to me, I want to try to find a workable long term solution for you. :)

Thanks again!

-Kim

don't go to any trouble, it's just good to know you got it sorted, that's the main thing

I've got it

In the VM settings go to USB, click the USB plug with the green +, select the device, and then the VM will auto-mount it. It might not mount quickly enough for all devices but it might save you some grief. :)

Whom do I contact about getting a firmware update posted? The firmware update I received fixes the speed stamp and it displays speed in MPH.

kimvette said:
Whom do I contact about getting a firmware update posted? The firmware update I received fixes the speed stamp and it displays speed in MPH.

just send a message to DashCamMan, he'll be able to arrange to host the firmware

Back