D-Tech 808

ExMet

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Itronics ITB-100HD
Has anyone heard of this dashcam?
It's being sold for $18.73 (regular ($25.38) at Gearbest ().
I already own an ITB-100 but was thinking about adding one in my wife's car.
Is this junk?

Is that opinion based solely on the price or also on the specs/knowledge of the product?

Is that opinion based solely on the price or also on the specs/knowledge of the product?

A decent product cannot be manufactured at that price (anything reasonable starts at around double that ex factory), reasonable specification is not possible at that kind of retail price, there's still lots of factories that churn this kind of junk out and buyers that are all too willing to put it in their stores unfortunately, the consumer is ultimately the one that suffers the most

Gotcha.
I've bought some LED flashlights/emitters and other various simple electronics off of ebay and I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality.

...was thinking about adding one in my wife's car.

Your wife deserves nothing less than a $69 Mobius or A118 ... because she's worth it.

Last edited:
Your wife deserves nothing less than a $69 Mobius or A118 ... because she's worth it.
I think if wife will find out that her female co-worker or female friend has 200-300usd dashcam, she ( wife ) would be not happy about buying her 69usd dashcam no matter how much you will try to explain her how good price vs value it is. Men and women thinks differently some time ;)

I think if wife will find out that her female co-worker or female friend has 200-300usd dashcam, she ( wife ) would be not happy about buying her 69usd dashcam no matter how much you will try to explain her how good price vs value it is. Men and women thinks differently some time ;)

She wouldn't tell you how much she spends on clothes, so don't tell her how much you spent on the dashcam.

She wouldn't tell you how much she spends on clothes, so don't tell her how much you spent on the dashcam.
Good point.
But you know, women like to talk to each other and nower days day also know how to use Google ..... rrrrr, damn ! :(

i saw this problem with the wife / GF comming 30 years ago, thats why i have been flying solo since then :D

Just look at the spec of the camera................

65 degree wide angle lens
0.3M CMOS
720p recording only

The above tells you alot.

Just look at the spec of the camera................

65 degree wide angle lens
0.3M CMOS
720p recording only

The above tells you alot.
"65 degree wide angle recording"
o_O I didn't even know it was possible for it to be that narrow

Alright smarties...
Can you guys tell if this here is genuine? With a coupon code it's on sale for $39.99.

specs list M-JPEG, would be a knockoff, the price suggested that anyway, why sell something and lose money

Alright smarties...
Can you guys tell if this here is genuine? With a coupon code it's on sale for $39.99.

It is a bit strange,
You have Itronics ITB-100HD in your dashcam list, why are you looking for $39.99 one?

It is a bit strange,
You have Itronics ITB-100HD in your dashcam list, why are you looking for $39.99 one?
I have an ITB-100HD installed in my car. I want to install something in my wife's car but I don't want to spend $200.

specs list M-JPEG, would be a knockoff, the price suggested that anyway, why sell something and lose money
What are you talking about M-JPEG being a knockoff? The box on the ebay seller listed in the G1W review here also lists M-JPEG.

I have an ITB-100HD installed in my car. I want to install something in my wife's car but I don't want to spend $200.

That would be not fair, Man,
Yours more than $200, your wife's $39.99.

Do worry you will be killed after she learned the fact.;)

What are you talking about M-JPEG being a knockoff? The box on the ebay seller listed in the G1W review here also lists M-JPEG.

It's either correct and expected at the price, or incorrect and below cost, either way isn't particularly positive

Back