DR750X-2CH LTE Plus Review + Comparison with DR900X-2CH Plus

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all,

I have a review on the DR750X-2CH LTE Plus (was not sure if I should put this post in this section, or the DR750X-2CH section, these model names are getting too confusing, but admin please move this to the LTE Plus section once created) and I did a side by side with the new DR900X-2CH Plus. From my understanding the 750X Plus and 750X LTE Plus should have similar video quality so I think you can take this as a comparison of those two models also.

Comparison Video:

Video Review:

Previous DR750-2CH LTE Review (goes more in-depth with parking and cloud features as I don't want to cover it in every video):

I gotta say: that 750X+ looks much better than the 900X. Looks like too much video processing of the 900X, removing details that the 750X+ has. Look to the right of this image. 750X+ the leaves and detail v. the 900X? The 900X looks smoother, but at the cost of image detail. The 750X+ started the video looking brighter.

Well done.

Screenshot 2021-11-10 075222.jpg

I gotta say: that 750X+ looks much better than the 900X. Looks like too much video processing of the 900X, removing details that the 750X+ has. Look to the right of this image. 750X+ the leaves and detail v. the 900X? The 900X looks smoother, but at the cost of image detail. The 750X+ started the video looking brighter.

Well done.
I felt at first like the 750X might have been better at the edge of the screen but these are the 6 samples I took with blown up images. I really want to like the 750X more, especially because they have the LTE model and now the 3CH model in the 750 series but not the 900 series, but seems to me majority of the time the 900X is more defined still. The 4th picture below you can see the 900X struggled with a fast moving side close to my truck at about 60 mph at night. Personally I would go with the 900X over the 750X.

vs1.jpgvs2.jpgvs3.jpgvs4.jpgvs5.jpgvs6.jpg

I think the night footage varies due to my HID headlights. So results will vary depending on your headlights.

Those captured images tell a lot. I didn't expect that much detail on zoomed images. I take back my previous impressions. Great work!

Look like 750 could do better with its image parameters tweaked a little.

Look like 750 could do better with its image parameters tweaked a little.
What's weird is they removed the ability to turn off HDR (I think it was WDR previously, now always on HDR) or change the brightness with the 2021 models.

Not giving people choice is strange, even if some times people use choice to bury them self.
Taking away choice from people make me think of horrible things in the history of mankind, so i must insist on having it even if i too might misuse it.

I started liking the one on top initially. Then as soon as I saw how "orange" those orange construction drums were, I said blech and almost vomitted...The bottom cam was the better one by far as the top one seems too blown up.
The top cam has excessive saturation (similar to what I see on Samsung Galaxy phones default color gamut to make their phones pop-out more with excessive bluish tint, more vivid, and attraction)

As for being able to read street signs, highway signs, and license plates..Well what did you expect? You're comparing a 4K camera to a 1080P one.
It's the reason why I only focused on color saturation in my analysis as the other things are unfair to compare.

Back