Firmware 20131202 is out - E-Prance

Aloux

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119v3 w/ GPS, A139 Pro 2CH
The firmware 20131202 is out. Please post comments in this thread for this particular one.
The firmware received from E-Prance is for the mini 0801 with GPS and no internal memory.

Fast.Eddie has already shared it via Dropbox. Thanks Fast.Eddie! I have also received the file via email directly from E-Prance so if you can't access it via the link, let me know.

Just received 20131202 firmware from E-PRANCE. Looks great so far. Has MPH in display and installs DVRPlayer on card (requires QuickTime)...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2el5gxr3hhbxbz/firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.zip

With GPS/No internal card

This version creates files of different sizes...instead of all the .MOV files in the DCIM/100MEDIA folder being 100MB or 140MB per 1 minute clip (except for the shutdown clip), sizes vary among 40MB, 80MB, and 100MB. A spot check shows the 100MB @ ~13kbps video + audio, other smaller files at ~8.7kbps (not necessarily recording motion...I ate my lunch in the car today and let the camera run to fill up the card.) This is the first time I've seen the filesize vary like this. There also seems to be another option under STAMP...GPS in addition to CAR, which I don't remember seeing there in 20131026. The biggie is the MPH display in both the video stamp and on the LCD. I didn't see an option to change that. I don't use the G-SENSOR so I have no idea if that works. RegistratorViewer plays perfectly with the files. I didn't try the DVRPlayer app that is installed on the card with the firmware but I assume it is in MPH as well.

if you check the file properties in Windows I think you'll find they're VBR (variable bit rate), there have been a few firmware versions like this already

Isn't VBR common in most mid priced cams these days?

if you check the file properties in Windows I think you'll find they're VBR (variable bit rate), there have been a few firmware versions like this already
True enough, but the file length has always been either 100MB (20131026) or 140MB (20130913) for a 1 minute clip, every time I've looked, despite being VBR. I didn't mean to imply CBR. This is the first time I've seen the file length vary.

Looks interesting. Hopefully there will be something similar soon for GPS with Internal memory.

Can you choose kph instead of mph in the setting?

Can you choose kph instead of mph in the setting?

The last thing I heard was they didn't have enough room to include more options in the firmware. I'm assuming they created a special MPH firmware for customers in the USA. They should have another 20131202 firmware with KPH.

And believe me, I wish the U.S. used the Metric System, it's so silly the world is using two different systems. They tried to push it through in the 70's but it failed to take root.

The last thing I heard was they didn't have enough room to include more options in the firmware. I'm assuming they created a special MPH firmware for customers in the USA. They should have another 20131202 firmware with KPH.

And believe me, I wish the U.S. used the Metric System, it's so silly the world is using two different systems. They tried to push it through in the 70's but it failed to take root.
That's right, I didn't find a way to switch KPH/MPH in the menu :(
Does that change also affect the GPS logs? Or is it just on the display? Because we use KPH here but I don't use the stamp on the video, I use RegistratorViewer to overlay it later.

I have just received firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin (802802G20131202) direct from E-Prance.

I am attempting to install it but the camera is stuck on 'processing'. I think I have been sent the firmware for a camera with internal memory only. Mine is GPS +external.

Help!! How can I stop it processing without bricking it?

It took about 15mins to install the new firmware. The new firmware is now shown as installed BUT I just connected it to my PC and received an error message that one of my USB connections has malfunctioned. That would be the external card I assume.
I have disconnected the camera from the PC and it is now stuck on 'USB Connecting' with a blue screen. I am unable to switch it off none of the buttons are functioning not even the On/Off switch.

Any suggestions how to recover the situation please?

Reboot your computer or/and reinstall the firmware. 15 minutes is way too long.

I am fairly certain that E-Prance sent me the incorrect firmware for my camera.

Demi sent me the 20131202 for cams with internal memory: http://dl.madjawa.net/mini0801/firmwares/20131202-2cards.zip

I also hosted the standard version (without internal memory) here: http://dl.madjawa.net/mini0801/firmwares/20131202-1card.zip

Can you clarify a little more please, just to avoid confusion, or do we assume it doesn't support GPS if GPS is not mentioned.

1: Is the first 20131202 you mention for internal memory, with GPS or not ?

2: What exactly is the standard version without internal memory, I assume by standard we are talking No internal memory and No GPS ? IOW. just the external card.

Please guys when posting links to firmware versions, which we really appreciate, can you specify clearly which model camera it's for......my brains not as sharp as it once was..lol so that no-one ends up putting the incorrect version on their camera....cheers.

Last edited:
Back