Firmware 20131202 is out - E-Prance

Ever since getting the camera in Dec always had the issue with the I/O Storage error. Updated to 20131202 and i still seem to have that problem.
It temporary is fixed by switching to 1min/loop and no audio but i would much rather have it record at 3mins and with audio.

Is there any solution for this that i might have missed or should i just keep trying different firmwares??

I have a unit with GPS/no internal memory with Samsung class10 card supplied by e-prance.

if you have internal memory it would have said 8gb internal and gps... what firmware is installed. hit middle button to stop recording and hold the top button until it brings the menu up. then check the firmware version installed...

if you have no memory and gps then you would need this one http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/mini0801/firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.zip unzip and place on a blank card. no folders nothing. then leave it switched off and insert the card... turn on and wait. it took mine a short while to do anything its has to boot into the os then load the firmware.

the latest firmware removes the I/O error.

Last edited:
My camera is still not recycling when full, it just stops recording and switches off.

I am running firmware 1202.

I have tried with sound and without sound and no difference.

Running SanDisk 32gb Class 4.

Any advice people, is my camera faulty?

My camera is still not recycling when full, it just stops recording and switches off.

Are you sure you have set it to loop record? If you don't, it should do what you describe.

Hi Iain

Where is that actual setting?

In the option "Loop Setting" I have the following options:

Off
1 Min
3 Min
5 Min

I have this set to off but I thought this was to do with the recording time for each segment?

There is another option "Video Record Mode" But that just shows:

Video
Video + Audio

Thanks

In the option "Loop Setting" I have the following options:
Off
1 Min
3 Min
5 Min

That's the one. "Off" means keep recording till the car is full.

The other settings are how long each loop is.

When the card is full, the oldest files are deleted to make space.

FFS - I'm sure I read different. My bad!

So having it as 1, 3 or 5 should cause the card to loop when full?

Brilliant, I'll try it out now.

If you think about it, if it was allowed to fill the space with a single file, it couldn't loop record because deleting that file would lose everything it had recorded (as well as taking too long to do with such a big file)

Very true Iain - I'll give this a run now and see how I get on.

Cheers

Feel Like Saying DOH LOL

I Must say the Instructions I got were not exactly the Clearest. They need a English or Real English person to Translate them

Haha - even if they were in English I'm a man, we don't read instructions, we set it up as we like and when it doesn't work we run to the forums to bitch and moan for someone else to tell us how to work said item.

When I said "we" and "us" of course I meant "I" and "me"! :D

Ill trial the new setting tomorrow and report back (I'm sure it will be fine).

Thanks for the info in this thread guys, I just successfully updated my camera with this firmware - as others, I was sent a class 10 Samsung card from e-prance... be interesting to see if this update fixes the recordings.

It does, I got the Samsung class 10 card However I complained that I had to buy a class 6 card and that our local shops did not have these "slow cards" in stock so I had to drive or order on line. and they asked if a refund for the price of the card would be Okay and i bartered a bit and we settled on £12 which would have got me a card, but I was lucky the update happened before I could be bothered to go out and buy a slow card.

Now all is well and the time spent clearing the card every few days has passed.

I have been going through my new camera options whilst waiting for Samsung 16g c6 card to arrive on Monday from Amazon and noted firmware version I have is 20131230...is this the latest for my version( non GPS std without internal memory? any advice if this needs to be changed or any watchouts from this ?
cheers all

Dear All,

I have just bought the G90W version from EPrance. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00R5U1O5I
Using the speed stamp function just gives me KPH, whereas I want MPH.

I can use Registrator Viewer to get the speed in MPH, but then struggle to get this into a video format. I can use Cam Studio to screen capture the MPH overlay but lose loads of quality.

Is it possible to use a different firmware that allows the speed stamp to be in MPH?

Thanks

Back