G1WH dead?

Andrew Barratt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Been using a G1WH for over a year now, had it installed in the car using the 12v, anyway I came back from the Nurburgring and decided I wanted to keep the footage so the camera has been out of the car for a few months.

I finally got round to hardwiring the camera today, all worked fine, it started up and started recording like normal. then when I turned ignition off the camera stayed on for a few seconds then went off like normal.

Now the camera boots on ignition but just goes to a screen that shows what the camera can see but none of the little icons are present like recording etc. pressing any button does nothing, the only button that works is the power one.

I have recorded the below video to show you whats happening. Yes the camera is connected to computer in the video rather than plugged in to the car but its acting the same in the car.

I have tried using the reset function but that does nothing, also connecting it to my computer.. it wont show up as a device.

Not sure.
Try a different firmware.

I cant as the computer wont mount it. I tried "reset" but it wont reset

discovered if you remove the memory card it boots up fine, put memory card back in and it boots up with the issue

discovered if you remove the memory card it boots up fine, put memory card back in and it boots up with the issue
Maybe bad card.
Test with h2testw program.

I've decided to just get a new card. it had been working for over a year.

I don't have a Micro SD card rearer on any of my machines so couldn't format it and non of my phones have card ports either now.

I've decided to just get a new card. it had been working for over a year.

I don't have a Micro SD card rearer on any of my machines so couldn't format it and non of my phones have card ports either now.
I don't know of any computer that has a microSD card reader. Usually they have SD or other formats' card readers. That's why there are SD card adapters or USB card readers. If you want to download what's in the card it's always better directly from the card than with it in the camera.

Back