GS1000 (orange) Erratic Behavior

EdMcK

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been trying for months to get my GS1000 to work as it should. Maybe I have a bad unit, not sure. Software version is 2013022203. There are days when it works great and then suddenly, for no apparent reason, it fails to activate when I turn the ignition switch to start the car. Instead, the blue light comes on -- nothing more. Sometimes it fires up if I pull the cable out of the 12v socket and plug it back in again; other times it won't. When It locks up and refuses to start, the blue light stays on even after removing the device from the car. (Finally goes off after the battery is dead.) I am using a properly formatted class 4 card. I've tried everything possible to get this unit to work consistently, but no luck. I know the power cable is okay because I'm now using it for my new Mobious cam. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Okay, I can deal with that. Where do I go to buy a good-quality GS1000?

there are no good ones available these days, only the generic versions, is there something about this model you like, there are probably other similar cameras that will work better for you

there are no good ones available these days, only the generic versions, is there something about this model you like, there are probably other similar cameras that will work better for you
I like the GPS feature -- comes in handy when I want to return to old mining and ranch roads up in the Arizona mountains.

Back