Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

J4JAV said:
1. The date is always showing as incorrect, no matter how many times I change it from the config menu it never updates to the camera video files. The year is always being shown as 2014 and the day is always one day behind and also the time is wrong!

Use the Android app, it's the only one that works correctly with the time.

PKNY said:
Steps to install Korean firmware:
1. Download the firmware (FW01_130306.zip) here: http://www.livue.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo ... 3&wr_id=17
2. Unzip it and change the file name FW01_130306.bin to WINYCAM_V300_130306.bin.
3. Rename the file V300HD.dir on your SD card to FW01.dir.
4. Follow the Firmware Update Instruction from the FAQ: http://dashcamtalk.com/livue-lb100/
5. Cam will reset. Use the New Viewer to setup the cam again.

A side note:
I listed some of the differences between Original Viewer and the New Viewer in my earlier post.
PKNY said:
-The original viewer has a better zoom feature than the new viewer. In the original viewer, it has full zoom and block zoom, but the new viewer only has block zoom. Also, the video can apply forward step while in block zoom in the original viewer but not the new viewer.
-The new viewer has reverse skip but not the original viewer.
-The new viewer has the G-sensor setting reversed, which means high setting is low sensitive and low setting is high sensitive. :eek: The setting is correct in the original viewer.

thanks for posting these instructions, is the general consensus that this is the best way to go with regards to the firmware version?, Is the Korean voice the ONLY downside to this version of the firmware? I have no interest in the voice so my volume is always set on the lowest. Am I correct in thinking that all other functionality works fine using the New Viewer (except the G-Sensor setting being reversed)?

oh and J4JAV I'm also located in West Yorkshire, small world eh? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else have sound stuttering on the cam? The sound stutters and repeats itself every few seconds. I have tried to playback both from the card in my laptop, and transferring the movies to my laptop and playing from there. Also, the video tends to slow down and speed up every few seconds. Not to bad but it is noticeable when you see someone walking in front of the car. I have the stock 8gb card that came with it. Thinking maybe it has something to do with that. Thanks

Actually here's something interesting. I just tried to play the movies directly from my laptop using quicktime and it played them perfectly. No audio stutter or video slow down. I didn't need any codec or anything. Nice to know I don't need the viewer unless I want to change settings.

Eric I have the stuttering or rather a repeat of a sentence 2 to 3 times than it moves on . I didnt have it with the 8 gig card but have it with the 32 gig card I purchased which is a pony class 10. Go figure

I discovered today that the adhesive doesn't stick very well to the mount. Temperatures have not been all that warm here yet, but when I went out to our Jeep this afternoon the cam was no longer on the windshield. The adhesive tape was still attached to the glass but the mount lost adhesion. I'll have to get some new tape and probably try to roughen the mount surface a bit to improve adhesion. Just a heads up for everyone that has one of these that it may end up on the floor.

Brungle said:
thanks for posting these instructions, is the general consensus that this is the best way to go with regards to the firmware version?
, Is the Korean voice the ONLY downside to this version of the firmware? I have no interest in the voice so my volume is always set on the lowest. Am I correct in thinking that all other functionality works fine using the New Viewer (except the G-Sensor setting being reversed)?

oh and J4JAV I'm also located in West Yorkshire, small world eh? :lol:

You can change the firmware from Korean to English and vice versa. In the firmware name "Name-Date.bin", just change the "Name" part to WINYCAM_V300 if you want to change from English to Korean, or name it to FW01 if you want to change from Korean to English.

With the Korean firmware you also loss the TV-out and local time settings, but you gain the so called shut down timer. The shut down timer is full of flaw. When I set the timer to two hours, the camera will re-start in every two hours instead of shutting down (see my other thead for more detail). So, that's more like a re-start timer, and that's why I may switch back to the English firmware. Beside that everything including the New Viewer works prefectly.

Hi there

First time on this forum. I bought a LB100 with GPS from lightnspace. The LB100 works but the GPS doesn't.

I opened it up to find that on one side of the unit there is a very small battery. I tested it with my multimeter and it showed a voltage of about 0.19v. I pulled the battery off the board using a fine blade and I can see the battery is a MS621FE, which according to my google searches to possibly a Seiko 5.5AH 3v battery. The battery is spot welded and does not seem to be an easy to replace item. My google searches also seem to show that the battery is rechargeable, so I tried charging it for about 2 days straight. The most the voltage got up to was 1.2v but it unexplainably dropped to 0.5v. Each time I tested the GPS unit, it did not work.

So it is quite possible the faulty GPS units are being shipped with dud batteries. :eek:

Now if only Kevin from lightnspace would return my emails...

msdfw said:
I discovered today that the adhesive doesn't stick very well to the mount. Temperatures have not been all that warm here yet, but when I went out to our Jeep this afternoon the cam was no longer on the windshield. The adhesive tape was still attached to the glass but the mount lost adhesion. I'll have to get some new tape and probably try to roughen the mount surface a bit to improve adhesion. Just a heads up for everyone that has one of these that it may end up on the floor.

It may be a hit and miss issue. I have had mine mounted to the windshield in my car for about 3 weeks now and it is still firmly in place. This is in Phoenix, Arizona and we hit 103 degrees last monday and my car sits out in the hot sun during the day while at work. Camera gets very hot BUT I have yet to have shut down issues like others have had. Just seems like there are very poor quality controls in place for these.

Hey MTZ, I have almost the exact same blurriness on the left side of my cam. I would rather live with it than pay to get a new one shipped I think. Like you, I wonder if it is just my windshield. I have it mounted in a 2013 BMW 335i if that makes a difference on the curvature or type of windshield. I have not done a test outside of the car yet but that will be my next step

Have had the LB100 for a couple weeks now. No problems with blurriness, but the audio skips / repeats constantly when using the player that came on the card. So, I followed the instructions a couple pages back to install the Korean firmware and use the 'new' player, and that works well, but the audio still skips.

I'd like to go back to the original or updated English firmware (although I can understand the Korean speech exactly as well as the English). I downloaded the WINYCAM_V300_130306_EN.bin file but cannot get it installed - I just copied that to the root of the card, but powering on the camera with card installed results in just the normal recording mode for the Korean firmware, and the WINYCAM_V300_130306_EN.bin gets deleted from the card. Can anyone help me get this thing working with English firmware again? Thanks,

John F

John F, see my post in the previous page. You'll find the answer.

Hello people, i also decided to get myself an Livue dashcam, today i got it for a spin, and here what are my problems:
1. it seem im not getting constant video record, i set it to 2 minutes, but it is always different in lenght, and when the next clip showing it is way forwarded (it is not from the same spot i finished the last clip), does everyone experience same problem??
2. HOW THE HELL TO TURN OFF THE EVENT MODE, sorry for screaming :) (it is set to 1 sensitivity English ver. also g-sensor set to LOW)
3. why is Korean verion is better than English and vice versa???
Thank you for your time

PKNY said:
John F, see my post in the previous page. You'll find the answer.

I've gone through this thread a dozen times and missed that somehow. Thanks, I didn't know the firmware was the same for the 2 languages, but it sure worked.

Today my Livue LB100 wouldn't power on.. used maybe 5 days ..
I like to take it off the stand and back on..
I found a Dlink router power adapter compatible with with the Dashcam
and.. the Livue LB100 went back to life.
So now it's the car cigar jack adapter that went dead.
Anyone has this problem before??
how easy to find one? or is the ebay seller will replace it?
Thanks all

Some power adapters have a fuse inside. If there is a small screw in the cigarette lighter connector portion, you can disassemble and see if the fuse is blown.

DashCamMan said:
Some power adapters have a fuse inside. If there is a small screw in the cigarette lighter connector portion, you can disassemble and see if the fuse is blown.

I saw the fuse and it's OK, I further disassemble this cigarette connector and I found the red wire not soldered anymore.
so i soldered back on and will test it tomorrow..

lisij said:
2. HOW THE HELL TO TURN OFF THE EVENT MODE, sorry for screaming :) (it is set to 1 sensitivity English ver. also g-sensor set to LOW)

I REALLY wish we could turn this off but it's not possible. In the states there are so many bumpy roads I get event mode every 10 minutes or so. If I'm taping the whole time, why do I care if there is an event????

someone PLEASE find a way to turn this off or if you are a manufacturer please talk to someone in Korea about adding an option to turn off event mode.

Eric SS said:
lisij said:

I REALLY wish we could turn this off but it's not possible. In the states there are so many bumpy roads I get event mode every 10 minutes or so. If I'm taping the whole time, why do I care if there is an event????

someone PLEASE find a way to turn this off or if you are a manufacturer please talk to someone in Korea about adding an option to turn off event mode.
maybe some one is good at hex code, and could possibly erase event mode as a function? i woudnt mind to switch it of at all

Does anyone knows if a 2 Amp fuse for a cigar adapter is enough or should I get more?
my car cable plug is going really bad and the LightnSpace vendor really slow to answer e-mail
Probably faster for me to buy a adapter plug like a Enercell™ 12VDC Vehicle Power Adapter Plug w/ Leads & Switch
from Radio Shack.
any advise?
Thanks

Back