Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

Strongly considering this cam, looks like the best buy at the moment for $100 (the DR32 is crap until they fix the sound, plus this has some added features like nice software and able to hard wire without additional products to save the car battery, etc.)

If I go for the GPS version I would like the GPS to be of some use obviously.

Does software exist that can pickup the files the cam saves and overlay speed onto the video for uploading to e.g. YouTube or showing to your insurer in case of a collision?

If it can only display in the cam's software it is of very limited use?

Thanks.

Hello. Just registered. I bought this cam last week from the ebay seller and it arrived to Phoenix with 4 days from Korea. This is my first cam and so far I like it. A few things:

1) I got the ball mount and it came loaded with the 3/6 firmware

2) Like others have mentioned, getting the Micro SD card in and out is a pain. To remedy this I attached a small tab to the end of it by folding over a sticker on itself and now I can just grab that tab and pull it out once I unclick the SD card.

3) the G shock sensor is REALLY a pain in the butt even on the lowest sensitivity level. I really wish that you could disable event mode completely.

4) When I play back in the original viewer directly from the Micro SD card the sound stutters. Does anyone else have this issue? It might be that I just need to load the video directly onto my computer but I have not tried that yet. I'm using the SD that came with the cam but will be getting a 32gb one shortly.

5) every time I remove the camera from the mount I feel like I'm going to snap the mount it is in there so tight!

Owners with GPS, did you have to change any settings to get it to work? I have the GPS, and the lights blink as the manual suggests they should for a functioning GPS, but no data is saved. When I go into the viewer, there's no GPS data there. Any advice would be appreciated.

blargh LB100 said:
Owners with GPS, did you have to change any settings to get it to work? I have the GPS, and the lights blink as the manual suggests they should for a functioning GPS, but no data is saved. When I go into the viewer, there's no GPS data there. Any advice would be appreciated.

I haven't had any problems with mine. I've tried both versions of the Winycam viewer and Vadikus' Registrator Viewer and all display GPS data.

blargh LB100 said:

Same story again:
Mtz said:
Maybe some user with GPS will help you.
Unfortunately until now they are not asking to the requests.

enjoy,
Mtz

It looks like there may be some reliability issues with the GPS modules. Two users here have now reported problems. As I have mentioned previously I have not had any issues at all with my first unit GPS. There are no settings to enable or disable GPS so it works or doesn't work. I guess it's time to install the other 2 units I purchased for my other cars to see if everything is also working correctly on those also.

Some Livue accessories can be found here.

enjoy,
Mtz

. I'm using the SD that came with the cam but will be getting a 32gb one shortly.

5) every time I remove the camera from the mount I feel like I'm going to snap the mount it is in there so tight![/quote]

I did not know that the camera would work with a 32Gb card, 16Gb is the recommended max size I thought.

Lez

I encountered a problem. It seems like when the cam got overheated, the battery would disconnect, and the last clip wouldn’t get saved. Today it was hot (90F/32C) and sunny, and it happened to me twice. First time, I was driving with all of my windows down for an hour. When I turned off the car, the cam went straight to off without the usual shut down announcement. Then, I touched the cam, and it was burning hot. I let the cam cool down for half an hour, and it worked again. Later on today, I drove for half an hour with my AC on. I got the announcement when I turned off the car. Five minutes later, I drove for another half an hour, but this time I didn’t get the announcement. I took the SD card out. Everything was fine except the last clips from those two trips didn’t get saved properly.

I am thinking the battery may have thermal protection. It will disconnect if it is overheated.
Have anyone experience this?

I don't think the battery have some thermal protection, but the camera itself.
Because you are encountering many times this issue I suggest to you to ask the ebay seller for his opinion about this. Maybe he will ask the Livue.
Until now you are the only which is reporting this problem.

I haven't seen an overheat problem with mine yet. We'll have to wait and see. We had one day last week that the temps got to 90F but didn't seeing any issues. Temps for this week are supposed to be mild but summer is approaching quickly. Summer temps here daily run 90F - 100F so we'll see how it holds up.

just found this topic so sorry for double posting

bought the webcam a week ago and have been testing it since. for the most part it's had no problems except for last night.I almost ran over a possum during a night run to the market so I thought I check the camera to see if it picked it up but I just found a zero mb file.on scrolling through the video list I found few other 0 mb file and so this concerned me, what if that was an accident? any fixes or known issues about this? also I hate how it applies up between normal and event files making scrolling through the visa a real pain!

I didn't found 0MB files until now. What card are you using?
Regarding playback, you are right is hard because the PC viewer is not combining all files based on date. The New Viewer can combine them but it cannot be used to setup the camera because is made only for the Korean model. An option is to always setup the camera using the Android smartphone and watch the videos with the New Viewer.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I didn't found 0MB files until now. What card are you using?
Regarding playback, you are right is hard because the PC viewer is not combining all files based on date. The New Viewer can combine them but it cannot be used to setup the camera because is made only for the Korean model. An option is to always setup the camera using the Android smartphone and watch the videos with the New Viewer.

enjoy,
Mtz

I'm using the livue app from the google play store

When I said the battery has thermal protection, I meant thermal protection for the battery. When I got the overheat problem yesterday, I could still turn on the cam. The only problems I had were I did not get the shut down announcement and the last file did not get saved properly. It seems like the cam cut the power from the battery when overheating, but it can still get power from the car. Strange, if you ask me. I would expect the cam just shut down all together when overheating.

By the way, I forgot to mention that yesterday the cam was cooked directly under the California’ sun for more than six hours before I drove off. It was extremely hot. I usually park my car in a garage but not the night before yesterday. May be that’s why I didn’t have any problem except yesterday (I’ve use the cam for three weeks now).

I will look at the thermal protection and the battery charge/discharge circuit. Hopefully, I will find some answers.

I always said to mount the camera in the most top position of the windshield also because it is protected from direct sunlight.

enjoy,
Mtz

I already mounted it at the most top position. :(

Back