LAPBB

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I recently bought a HD DVR as the one on the photo:

dashcam.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/dashcam.jpg/

The problem is that the record has microstop each second as seen on this video:

Is a solution to this? A firmware may be?

Thanks in advance.

Luis.

Last edited by a moderator:
What class is the Sdcard? I would recommend class 10...

From the picture you posted.
dashcam.jpg

DVR-027 FAQ Page said:
Original comes in a blue box. Fake comes in a white box.
DVR-027 FAQ Page said:
The original records the time on the top center of the screen with black numbers on a white background. Fakes use green numbers and write them to the side.

This is more then likely a knock off DVR-027 If you are already using a Class 10 card you could give another card a shot, but it may more then likely be a poorly made camera.
I used a class 4 in my real DVR-027 just to see what would happen and there is just more of a gap between saving and starting a new clip like around 4 seconds, but nothing like the jumps in your video with a class 4 or 10 card.

Thank you CheckYourLights for your reply.

I disasembled the cam and took pictures of the chips:

dashcamchips1.jpg

dashcamchips2.jpg

dashcamchips3.jpg

dashcamchips4.jpg

You are welcome. When i first got into Dash Cameras i had no idea what i was doing and ended up with a knock off DVR-027 from Amazon before found this site did some research and replaced it with a real one from a eBay seller recommended from the main site FaQ.

I have never opened up my real or knock off, but a real DVR-027 will contain a Zoran processor.
You can find a picture of the Zoran chip as well as more ways to tell the difference between a real and knock off DVR-027 at the main sites FaQ here

CheckYourLights said:
You are welcome. When i first got into Dash Cameras i had no idea what i was doing and ended up with a knock off DVR-027 from Amazon before found this site did some research and replaced it with a real one from a eBay seller recommended from the main site FaQ.

I have never opened up my real or knock off, but a real DVR-027 will contain a Zoran processor.
You can find a picture of the Zoran chip as well as more ways to tell the difference between a real and knock off DVR-027 at the main sites FaQ here

CheckYourLights said:

Great FAQ, thank you!

Not sure if the knock offs have that micro stopping issue, but did you try to format the card inside the camera? Maybe try a smaller class 10 card?

Hi LAPBB,

Thanks for posting the internal pictures. The main processor in this camera is an iCatch SPCA1521A-HL091. Many of the "fake" cameras come with iCatch processors. Just do a search in this forum for iCatch and you will see it comes up in a variety of cameras (GS1000, F900LHD, etc.) always with poor results.

Try different SD cards as recommended (even different classes). Unfortunately if that doesn't work, there is likely not much you can do.

DashCamMan said:
Hi LAPBB,

Thanks for posting the internal pictures. The main processor in this camera is an iCatch SPCA1521A-HL091. Many of the "fake" cameras come with iCatch processors. Just do a search in this forum for iCatch and you will see it comes up in a variety of cameras (GS1000, F900LHD, etc.) always with poor results.

Try different SD cards as recommended (even different classes). Unfortunately if that doesn't work, there is likely not much you can do.

Thank you DashCamMan for you explanation.

I tested with a formatted class 10 and a class 4 on the dashcam. The result is the same, the micro stop every second or less.
So, I´ll sell it and bought this one: http://www.bidcom.com.ar/camara-deporte-maxcam-full-hd.php

Back