Looking for more info/review of the Lukas LK-7700

fri3dbacon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lukas LK-7700

Is there a review or first hand experience on this dash cam? I was originally looking at the LK-7900 but this one had caught my eye. The main difference I can tell is that it uses a Samsung CMOS instead of Sony. The operating/storage temperature is also lower. There are a couple of day time videos online but I am unable to find any night time recordings.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank You.

You can find some 7200 video online. The video quality is the same.
I installed the 7200 on my car, and 7700 on my dad’s car. Both cameras were set to 11Mbps, Brightness 2, Sharpness 2, Noise Filter 1, AE low, and no UV filter. Using these settings, although both 7700 and 7200 are a bit dark even at day time, they both can capture license plates much better than my older Livue LB100. At night, I think the cams can capture the plate almost every time if that car was directly in front of me at a stop.

I saw a video with the 7200 on youtube and truth be told it seemed a littl darker than my 7500 on a unlit back road at night, but still it is not a apple to apple comparison.
On the other hand the town recordings on youtube seem good, but those Guys out there have way more ambient light in the town than we have here in Denmark. ( even with our x-mas lighting up and running in town )

Wow, hard to tell. They don't even have it up on the English Lukas site. Green-sum is an authorized dealer and sells a boat load of lukas dash cams so I'm sure it's legit. Same here, only difference I can see is the Samsung instead of Sony... and it looks like it *might* have green LED display instead of the yellow/green one on my 7900?

Well, LK-7700 seems to be legit pretty surely. LUKAS website does not have a description of LK-7700, but they do have the viewer for LK-7700. BTW, day time video looks pretty good. I just like it's price. :) FHD LUKAS one at $139.. looks nice.

if you go to the lukas hd site and access the korean language version ( no I cannot read korean either) hit the far right red word which is starred and experiment with the sub menus you will eventually (hopefully) see the listed cameras. The 7700 is amongst them it shows 2 models one at 179won and the second at 199won I havent checked the differences yet. Scroll down the page and there is a video sample as well. Field of view is 125 degrees ...........Hope this helps and you get the information you are looking for........Ipol :)

ah ha looks like the dearer model has G P S built in after tapping the red word with the star sign the next page that shows there is a list on left hand side that says shopping mall in english the first korean word in this list should take you to the listed camera page........ Ipol..............@ fri3dbacon boldly go where I have gone before if it all goes titsup this message will self destruct in 5 seconds o_O

Thanks for the information Jimbo it certainly makes life easier looks like I will be placing my orders direct from now on:D once the focus problems have been resolved......thankfully my 7900 which I have had for the best part of a year now has no such problem.:p PS I saved the link

Amazon.com has LK-7700 as well. Just letting you know. I am now considering two options. Two LK-7700 for front and rear, or LK-5900 DUO. I might go with two LK-7700 though.

Now all we need is a direct comparison of the two CMOS sensors. 7900 vs 7700

Yea, quite a big price difference so if it's 99% there it will be worth it.

The 7700 is $140 from greensum atm, could be a bargain, who's going to be a guinea pig? ☺

I bought the 7700 from greensum. I don’t know how it performs comparing to the 7900. All I can tell you is the focus is prefect.

So anybody had luck to find raw / higher quality 1080p sample videos of Lukas LK-7700 ?
They sell it for 129 usd without cpl filter on ebay, 149 usd with cpl filter.

I just ordered the 7700 from GreenSum on ebay (129 usd). I'll let you know how long it takes, and how it compares to my 7500. I'm one of the unlucky ones who got a poorly focused 7500, hopefully Lukas has figured this out by now.

The 7700 arrived. Just to get this out of the way, focus is good. I finally gave up trying to convince Lukas there was an issue with the focus of the 7500. I'll give a complete description of the 7700 in a day or 3 after I've had a chance to play with it more. But, here is a screen capture from the 7500 and then 7700, identical settings.
Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 3.39.47 PM-resized.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 3.44.52 PM-resized.png

Just noticed I didn't set the time on the 7700 yet...

Can someone with the 7700 measure to see how long the included power cable is? TIA

Supplied power cable is roughly 370.84 cm, or 12' 2" to folks in the USA. Like me. It is a slightly thicker cable than others though. Samsung sensor is a bit different - the night time rendition is better I think than the Sony in the 7500 or 7900, using the same / newest (31) firmware / sd card in both cams. Don't know why it should be, but I'm looking at it, and it seems less grainy, easier to look than the 7500. But then, I seem to have gotten a crappy 7500 with no real recourse other than disassembly / re focusing, which I'll now be doing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Lukas / QVIA 13
Back