Looking for something low-profile

neurodave

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 2009 Dodge Charger and I currently have a Cobra dual-camera setup that I got for free from Best Buy. It works, but while the rear camera is nice and small (and generally useless at night) the front one isn't as inconspicuous. I live in a not-so-bad area, but it's also not the best. So I need to keep it as discrete as possible. I see a lot of options on Amazon, one that even wraps around the rear view mirror mount but I'm not sure as far as quality is concerned. So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Would like to keep it to $125 or below, if a dual-camera setup is possible, great. Also, definitely need some sort of a G-sensor as my main concern is not having my car get hit while parked again and not having video of it.

I would suggest the SGZC12RC, however, it's $200 so, respecting your budget, I suggest it's generic 'equivalent' the MG600 ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122177125118
image.jpeg

You should pull a credit card from your wallet to fully appreciate how small / discreet it is.

Yeah thats about as stealthy as it get today, but if you have a dotted area on top of your windscreen then one of the wedge shaped cameras can also give a stealthy install as only the bottom part of it with the lens will peep out below the dotted area.

Yeah thats about as stealthy as it get today, but if you have a dotted area on top of your windscreen then one of the wedge shaped cameras can also give a stealthy install as only the bottom part of it with the lens will peep out below the dotted area.
Good point, though the OP says "... main concern is not having my car get hit while parked again and not having video of it". For me that requires a solution with pre-buffered Motion & G sensing. Don't think any wedge cams offer such functionality.

Back